Rubies Armor - Finally coming available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
piehobo28 said:
And that's the good version. Here's the REAL crappy version where instead of $900, it's only $90.
OMG :mad:

Now its cheaper than Pep armor!

They even have a 50 dollar version!..

Last edited by a moderator:
GruntOfAction said:
Now its cheaper than Pep armor!

They even have a 50 dollar version!..

50 dollar version is full body screen printed t-shirt.... thats cool...

mmm I guess I need something to sleep in?

NZ-TK said:
Its Rubies...Its going to be terrible. Does anyone know what its made of? A lot of rubies stuff is stuff is made of a flexible vinyl, it might look half reasonable in a picture, but the finished parts will be warped to buggery, like every star wars helmet they've ever made. Stay away from rubies, its the only way this company will die.
Or foam, some of their costumes I have seen in store in person is foam painted with some sort of paint which hardens, if the foam was bent, the paint could crack off, their build quality and attention to detail is poor.

Maybe the cheap versions will help keep the noobs who only get on here to say "can u mk meh teh leet armrz plz? i want it fre er teh cheapz tyvm!" until they find out that pep can look better. :p

If you;re not going to mold a suit, but want the molded look, 300-400 dollars can make a suit from pep to looking molded easily. With 200 dollars worth of resin, fiberglass, and lots of bondo, you can make a super smooth looking suit which is more accurate, and half the price.

i'm curious mainly for the undersuit. It looks good(better than what i could do with sewing). i would probably sell the actual pieces of the armor if they come off and keep the undersuit. do you think the pieces will be removable? and do you think the undersuit is worth the 90$?

AoBfrost said:
If you;re not going to mold a suit, but want the molded look, 300-400 dollars can make a suit from pep to looking molded easily. With 200 dollars worth of resin, fiberglass, and lots of bondo, you can make a super smooth looking suit which is more accurate, and half the price.
Yep, that and you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself, I don't think I'll be buying one, because when your all done with your armor you fell like you've accomplished something...or well at least I do.

Wow, their selling the rubies front piece of the helmet for only 13 dollars? That is super cheap, the helmet is decent, not perfect, but it's very cheap. Then again, this may have been made with thin plastic, I can highly doubt it's thicker than .90 gauge plastic.

Interesting. I don't think these will sell well. There is the aforementioned helmet proportions, and the torso looks off.

Maybe it could look right in a dark room, but from what I'm seeing this costume doesn't hold a candle to what you fellas have made. I would much rather spend my money/time making my own and learning from you folks, than waste it on this!

Nonetheless, it is interesting. :D

wow... the cheep version is just printed on there... why does Microsoft have to keep kicking us devoted halo fans in the balls?
the more expensive one looks ok, but your own amour has something special about it.
whats up with the stretched out helmet?
OH wait thats it!!! the master chief is an elite! that why they could never show his face and why this helmet looks elongated!
This is the only time i REALLY hope you cant get a halo product in Australia.
well done Microsoft... Bungie would never had let this happen

All the Rubies Star wars items were made or slush cast vynal or latex. I ordered a delux Boba Fett helmet once and it came FLAT in the box!!

I spent the best part of a week heating it up in warm water and getting it it into shape. I have a nightmare vision of this whole MC armour turning up in a box no thicker than a cigar box.

:mad:

LOL...I would actually buy the undersuit since it looks a bit descent!! Wonder if they sell that seperate?? o_O

What are the actual proportions of the suit like.? Realistic? How is it assembled? Im going to wait until I actually see a set. One photo isn't enough info for me.

If the undersuit is decent that might make it worth it all by itself. I can do props and armour but sewing? Not so much..

Then again you can always treat it like a pep suit and use it as a base to mod the armour bits. If it's accurate.
Or even just put it on a mannequin for display at the fan table at cons.

TheRob said:
You know there are reasons the 501st doesn't allow Rubies costumes to be used for admission...
hahaha, yea, i wonder why that could be.

"hey look, its the cheif! hes taller then i thought, and... worse looking too"

flying_squirl said:
"hey look, its the cheif! hes taller then i thought, and... worse looking too"

Hahaha! :lol:

I rather spend countless hours making my own, than buying into a piece of animal excrement like that.
People who pay good money for that will never experience the sense of accomplishment and pride that is associated with building your suit of Armor.

People that intend on purchasing any piece of that Rubies armor should seriously consider other alternatives. It may be cheaper and does not consume your personal time. But you would have gained nothing and that suit will more than likely end up in the basement somewhere and be forgotten. If you were to created your own, I'm very sure it will have a permanent place in your home and your heart as a symble of the skills which you have acquired during the process and the pride you feel as you complete each piece with your own two hands.

Well...that's my say anyway, thanks for reading

JediFraz said:
What are the actual proportions of the suit like.? Realistic? How is it assembled? Im going to wait until I actually see a set. One photo isn't enough info for me.

Alright, but don't say I didn't warn you! ;)

100_0935.jpg

post-1727-1187703524.jpg

P1010053.jpg

'I can has cheeseburger?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back