Rubies Armor - Finally coming available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll look good on a short skinny chief, but not a big tall semi fat man. There just isnt enough bulk in the chest and arms and lower legs.

AoBfrost said:
It'll look good on a short skinny chief, but not a big tall semi fat man. There just isnt enough bulk in the chest and arms and lower legs.

I can see Adam's reasoning. It would be good for people who want to be part of the 405th but either don't have the time or money to build their own armor or have someone mold a set for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think though now, there is an entire new level of molded armor

Like pepakura we have

1. standard non smooth suits
2. molded looking suits with lots of bondo

Then now molded, this suit would be considered a lower class "cheap" suit. Westerfields kit cost around the same price, their suit though similar in detail, their suit has the right shape going on.

AoBfrost said:
I think though now, there is an entire new level of molded armor

Like pepakura we have

1. standard non smooth suits
2. molded looking suits with lots of bondo

Then now molded, this suit would be considered a lower class "cheap" suit. Westerfields kit cost around the same price, their suit though similar in detail, their suit has the right shape going on.

Yeah but there's nothing like competition to bring the price down lol. J/K...it's really going to boil down to personal choice. As other posters have said...we've seen Rubies stuff before, and we know the quality. Just as we've seen Westerfields kits and we know the quality of their armor as well. The people who will buy the Rubies costumes are the ones who are really n00bs who don't know about communities like the 405th and just see the rubies armor for sale online and go "oooooooh! I'm gonna buy that" And then you'll have people who want the custom made armor vs. the factory made armor.

Last edited by a moderator:
i like a westerfield better but its to expensive....this is cheap and the armor looks ok. then i will have 2 helmets.....mabey i should put a vsor in that other ar mabey sell it here? if you guys think i should get the $90 tell me so i can pre order it.

Theres no reason to buy the helmet for less then resell it for 90 dollars here when we all know the site to buy it.

The helmet's downright ugly (we can all do better ourselves), the chest armour is okay but I will admit the gauntlets and forearms look to be really well done. Probably the best part of thier armour, LOL.

I personally wouldn't bother buying one of thier suits; from what I've seen the quality of Rubies' costumes leaves much to be desired (thier deluxe Star Trek uniforms were alright, but can't compare to fan-made, screen-accurate uniforms).

Well now... I guess with this being released, I can expect to see a few more SPARTANs running around here come Hallowe'en. Still, my armour will kick @$$... :p heh heh

the only way i would buy it is if I cut out the visor and used it to make a new helmet from pep...then painted it....still I wouldnt buy it...but it turned out better than my pep suit...maybe it would be worth the $13 to get the crappy helmet but cut out the visor...if you can even see through it

The visor is nice, I was hoping they'd sell just that, if so, it would probably be 5-10 dollars, Maybe the cheap 13 dollar helmet's visor will work? Depends, it may not even fit a accurate shaped pepakura helmet because the rubies helmet is one size fits all, plus, their own unique shape.

Crikey, that jawline on thier helmet just really bugs the hell out of me. They should've retooled the master before going to production.

I myself don't even really like the visor all that much. Doesn't look like it has any depth, and three-dimensionality to it, like the Master Chief's visor is supposed to have.

If anything, the only part of that armour I'd even consider buying would be the gauntlets and forearms.

That's the best-looking part of thier suit, in my opinion... :whistle:

yeah but i would sell it at most like $20 mabey. I kinda like it and want to get it and redo its paint. I have a helm so thats not a problem....i would use adams tut and repaint it and then i would have 2 helms. ts a ok suit for $90. wait.....is the thighs and stuff like a shirt? i want it to be like armor parts not a shirt. some of it is but i dont see the thighs.....thats not god. but i see the chest and it is real.

well if people want to spend money on this armor, GOOD LUCK LOL!!! I still think 405th armor creators rock this outta the water... nice use of green tho! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back