"Run Awaaaay!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this is the approach I'll take for my Grunt costume. I'm gonna do it on a smaller scale though. I love the design though. Do you mind if I emulate?

That is starting to turn out really freakin good. You really should resin/bondo. It sould bring it to a whole new level. Trust me it'll be worth the money.

Thanks for all the support guys ... im not the first though im the first to post it on the site but some dad made his kid a grunt costume for halloween and then some other guy made one of of colored duct tape .... not trying to brag though but right now mine blows them all away

papamurf812 said:
Yeah, this is the approach I'll take for my Grunt costume. I'm gonna do it on a smaller scale though. I love the design though. Do you mind if I emulate?

Not at all :cool:

Evil Femle said:
That is starting to turn out really freakin good. You really should resin/bondo. It sould bring it to a whole new level. Trust me it'll be worth the money.

Alrighty then i geuss i will ... i just get that stuff at autozone or something right?!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW MAN THATS AWSOME! So when you planning to get if finished by? cant wait to see the finished produdct!
+YOU SHOULD USE HEALIUM+LAFIN GAS! cus sometimes they stary lafin at nothing even when there alomost dead!
+You need to practace your grunt run and walk!

But anyway KUDOS to ya man!

No, bondo is a sort of clay or putty that after mixing, you put it on the armour and basically sculpt it onto the armour for finer details, like the different things on the chest and mask, then it cures making it hard as hell. It will weigh down your armour, but it'll be worth it.

Macattack64 said:
If I had a son... who was kinda young... I would make him a grunt costume... :p

Um i think it would be alot of money because like ... the amount of my armor compared to a MC helmet is like 4:1 ... so right now i dont think im gona bondo resin ... but idk comments about this would be helpful

but right now im just building/detailing it with cardboard and sanding and what not ....

you will want to resin and fiber-glass that if you want it to last longer then several uses and wearings. Cardboard WILL NOT last long by itself for a costume.

Bondo body filler is what you use to add in details, put some on, sculpt it a bit, wait for it to harden, then sand it out into the detail you need.

For now, what you have is, while very good, is not by itself all it can be. Trust me, if you go the full approach, it may take a lot more time and effort, but in the end you will be stunned by the awsome costume you will have.

PS: two layers of fiber-glass=protection from baseball bats :)

PillowFire said:
you will want to resin and fiber-glass that if you want it to last longer then several uses and wearings. Cardboard WILL NOT last long by itself for a costume.

Bondo body filler is what you use to add in details, put some on, sculpt it a bit, wait for it to harden, then sand it out into the detail you need.

For now, what you have is, while very good, is not by itself all it can be. Trust me, if you go the full approach, it may take a lot more time and effort, but in the end you will be stunned by the awsome costume you will have.

PS: two layers of fiber-glass=protection from baseball bats :)

I wanted to get working on a Big Daddy Bouncer suit (that scary guy in my sig for those who don't know) but ... i did want to make this really good looking so i probably will actually ... also my neighborhood is full of jerks who would wanna smash the big methane backpack so baseball bat proof is excellent! :lol:

papamurf812 said:
The duct tape grunt is actually a friend of mine. It's somewhere on cosplay.com IHis suit got more attention than I thought it would. He's a total weirdo. But I don't count his suit. heh. Yours is better.
557949.jpg

557950.jpg

It looks alright, but Kevin coulda done better. Heh. I can give him a hard time cuz I went to school with him.

i cant see the pics but ive seen them before it was pretty good but like he looked like a huge stuffed animal

I think it looks outstanding for cardboard. However if you dont mind I would like to point out something that might help make this look more realistic looking.

SPARTAN405 said:
I think it looks outstanding for cardboard. However if you dont mind I would like to point out something that might help make this look more realistic looking.
And what are you pointing out? you ended the post. heh.

SPARTAN405 said:
(y)

If you notice how in the game their chest piece is rounded and separated in the middle It would make it look its best. Now for the gas mask. I think you should make a latex mask for their head. Or if you have time, then sculpt a grunt head with the gas mask. Mold it and cast it. That might be more efficient.

Edit- To papamurf: I wanted to ask for his permission first for criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back