Props S1l3nt V1p3r's M/7 Smg Wip Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ithica said:
Ok before it become NECRO, where are the updates man......don't keep us waitng to long.

Ithica

I hope to get started today, although I can't promise you guys any updates soon. I'll see what I can do!

Cheers,
Viper

UPDATE:

I just got some detail done on the Main Body, as well as on the Buttstock. Commencing more work tomorrow!

God damn it, still can't find that camera.... F***

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY, FFS!

Here we have all the current parts soon to be glued to the SMG!
IMG_1269.jpg

Here we have all the parts put into place before gluing.
IMG_1270.jpg

Closeup on the Buttstock details.
IMG_1276.jpg

Grip with wet glue.
IMG_1278.jpg

Both Grips with wet glue.
IMG_1280.jpg

More Buttstock details!
IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

And here we have a few parts assembled!
IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

V1p3r-approved!
IMG_1296.jpg

great looking smg, mines using the same design. but using cardboard and foam board. it won't be as good as yours but hopefully it will work, looking good though, keep up the good work

Shadows0fIntent said:
great looking smg, mines using the same design. but using cardboard and foam board. it won't be as good as yours but hopefully it will work, looking good though, keep up the good work

Just don't cut yourself on a knife or something. ;D

Good luck with your project!

Hey Viper, Nice Job on the SMG, out of wood too :p Well Looking forward for more updates, and the final product :D

<---SprayNoob--->

I'm just gonna supply you guys with pictures, I'll let them write a 5000 word essay. (5 pictures x 1000 words, get it? xD)
IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1324.jpg

IMG_1325.jpg

Hey ive been on 405th for a while now but just now became a member since it was open i thought i should go ahead and join, but the blueprints for the smg are good but they dont have a scale on them what scale did you use?

Tuwdburgaler said:
Hey ive been on 405th for a while now but just now became a member since it was open i thought i should go ahead and join, but the blueprints for the smg are good but they dont have a scale on them what scale did you use?

So basically you want to have a shot at making your own SMG?

Well, HaloWikia says that the SMG is...:
(extended): 62.7 cm (24.68 in.)
(retracted): 47.4 cm (18.66 in.)
I hope this info will be useful to you!

Also, new picture!
Bilde078.jpg

So uhm, slight edit here. I have a new addition to the SMG, I don't know how well you guys will recieve it. Enjoy.
Bilde079.jpg

Bilde080.jpg

well yes and no, i plan on making a mold for each part of the gun with the exception of the barrel which i'm machining so the knurling and all of that good stuff will look good, but what im asking viper is for the blueprints that angeloflight made, how much bigger did you have to make them, i got with math that it was roughly a 1:6.49... scale and im considering simply using 6.5 and i wanted to know what you used

Tuwdburgaler said:
well yes and no, i plan on making a mold for each part of the gun with the exception of the barrel which i'm machining so the knurling and all of that good stuff will look good, but what im asking viper is for the blueprints that angeloflight made, how much bigger did you have to make them, i got with math that it was roughly a 1:6.49... scale and im considering simply using 6.5 and i wanted to know what you used

I just enhanced the size randomly until I felt it was the perfect scale. I printed out the pages, measured it and by golly was it perfect!
But as you have the scale ready, you might want to try it out, print it and check if the size is right.

LeeKegan said:
Viper I like that you are experimenting with different styles. It makes it your own version.
It didn't feel like the retractable stock is practical at all, so I thought that a fixed stock would be better for aiming and handling.
Thanks for the compliment, ^^

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
I just enhanced the size randomly until I felt it was the perfect scale. I printed out the pages, measured it and by golly was it perfect!
But as you have the scale ready, you might want to try it out, print it and check if the size is right.
It didn't feel like the retractable stock is practical at all, so I thought that a fixed stock would be better for aiming and handling.
Thanks for the compliment, ^^
well on my i plan on putting the retractable stock. but in the back im going to put a super coarse thread screw that ill probabl have to machine myself, so that is stays in place perfectly in place but can be quickly changed, or i will make another mechanism for it to be realistic, but i see what you did with yours so ill try out my scale on mine

Looking good Viper, I'm liking the idea of your custom stock. Make sure to keep us updated. :D

S1l3nt V1p3r said:

Wow. I've never really checked the size of the SMG, but it looks bigger than I expected there. Do you have anymore pictures to help get an idea of the size of it, or is it just the angel that makes it look big perhaps?

juliet76 said:
Looking good Viper, I'm liking the idea of your custom stock. Make sure to keep us updated. :D
Wow. I've never really checked the size of the SMG, but it looks bigger than I expected there. Do you have anymore pictures to help get an idea of the size of it, or is it just the angel that makes it look big perhaps?

The size is actually MC sized, but it doesn't affect the weight at all. As for reference, I might snap a picture next to a ruler to give you an idea of it's size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back