S42 - Noble 6 Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck! i'm about finished with my first build rushed, all i can give as for advice is TAKE YOUR TIME! it makes a giant difference, also if you can i recommend building a body mannequin out of duct tape and stuff it with news paper or w/e u can find so you can put your other pieces on it and not have it warp at odd angles as you resin. just some things that unfortunately happened to my build but cant go back and redo as I have little time >_<!

hehe, I just noticed the same... since I'm going to build one for my brother also we will even have two in the street some months in the future :D

Looks, really good so far. Looking forward to seeing more progress pictures!
What color do you plan to paint it?

yeah, red's the preferred color of my bro also, I guess mine is going to be dark-grey, close to black like that
stoff_uni_anthrazit.jpg

I hope that I'll be able to finish resining until friday so I can start with smoothing the helmet on the weekend. Then I need some input for casting since I have no idea what type of cast-material I should use (wasn't there something starting with R****???).

Thanks a lot fellas.
@daxter: am I just feeling that the helmet is a little big bit arround the cheeks or is yours the same?
profilepic27577_1.gif

yah the helmet is supposed to be wide like that and like the other person said it will raise when you put padding inside, besides that very nice and the paint that you put on it for reference looks really cool :)

thanks for your kind words ;)
About the red... I really like it but I guess I will have to figure out another constallation, I'm thinking about adding some white or yellow somewhere...
like a fire-department-spartan ;)

so here we go again, now with my fiberglassing :)
Right now I managed to bring in 3 different layers of fiberglass, tomorrow I guess I will have a look if I might add another 1-2 layers else I will start with putty :)

noble6_version2_fiberglass_t.gif

noble6_version2_fiberglass_1_t.gif

I like the second paint scheme better.

But a few words on safety:

You're wearing a dust mask and that won't protect you at all against resin or acetone fumes (you've probably smelled them, right?). Since you're working inside as well, you should at least use A2P3 filters, they will provide protection from both the fumes and any glass/paint/sanding particles that might fly around (getting those on your skin isn't very dangerous, but inhaling them is). Even they won't be able to completely protect you, however, if you work inside and with your head this close to the resin. Possibly your eyes started burning after a while, I would take that as an indication that a full-face mask (possibly with A3P3 filtres, considering the proximity to the resin) or a new workplace are advisable.

Safety glasses are also highly recommendable, I can't tell from the pictures if you're wearing any.

Also, I'm not convinced that the suit you're wearing protects you from anything but itchy skin. Please make sure about that, so you don't feel safer than you actually are.

Your gloves are pretty thin as well. I can't read the label on the box, but depending on the material, they might be vulnerable to solvents and provide only limited protection. That's not a tragedy, as long as you don't stick your fingers into the resin, but again, make sure you know what kind of protection you really have.

Hi ventrue, thank you very much for your advices.
Actually I didn't have any eye burning so I guess I'm happy?! But I will take care of getting a better filter mask and also some glasses (I didn't have any). The gloves are ok I didn't get anything through, as with the suite. It was only supposed to keep away the resin from my clothes, which worked pretty well ^^

About the room, basically it was my garage with 2 doors opened at the oposit directions, so this should have taken away the most of the fumes (I had no obstrusive smell at all).

But anyhow I will improove my protection since I plan to go ahead with building and I don't want die trying to ;)

btw. the second scheme is my fav too at the moment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back