Samus Back On Track

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh wow i can't wait for more picture already!!!! that pep on the arm cannon is amazing btw!!!! keep up the good work!!! <3 samus

Thankies so much <3! Its very tediously annoyingly long. I

Update: Will not be able to get any peping done today, going to nebraska for a night.

Alright guys, these are pics from the pep ive alrdy done. If youve seen them before i went on hiatus then just ignore, this is for anyone who wants to see what all ive finished.

samusshoulder1.jpg

samus2.jpg

The front of the chestplate was warped so i will redo but heres the back:

samuschesttwo.jpg

just wondering what beam are you going to use? power, wave, plasma, nova, ice, phazon(hyper mode), light, dark, annihilator, hyper(super metroid). and are you going to have a grapple beam?

Here's an idea for some sound: In my assault rifle, I recorded the firing sound with one of those cheap sound recorders for about $10 for a pack of two at Walmart. All you need to do is get your hands on a speaker (something like an old amplifier speaker, like computers) and a momentary switch. Record the charging sound (or just the plain shooting sound) and then put the switch between the battery connections. Somehow hold the 'play' switch down, and you're good to go!

Anyways, good to see a Samus suit going on here! Metroid Prime was my favorite game before I got into Halo. I'm sure we'll all be waiting for more! Good luck!

King Cobra~ Thanks!

rvb~ I havent decided about which beam im going to use yet, and the grapple will all depend on how quickly i get this suit done, i have to get it done by july

Mustang ~ Thankyou for the idea! i never thought of doing that

You're very welcome! Here's another idea: to maximize the sound, you could put the speaker in the end of the arm cannon. This way, the sound will not be directed somewhere else. If you still want lights, put a few LED's around the circle and hook it all up to one switch. Voilla!

And are you planning on using LED's for the rest of the lights? I sure hope you are ;)

Holy $#!T i didnt think of that, im not very good at wiring stuff. Only good at wiring speakers for cars lol.

And you bet, Im gnna try to light up that bitch like a christmas tree! Well not that much or that cheesy but im going to try to mock all of her lights. And im making the armored weathered. There have been many really nice perfect glossy suits, and not enough Down-and-dirty ones

your right but they reason there so new looking. it is because her suit is much like a super version of the mark VI, it has an energy shield that covers the armor. its a very thin shield so you don't really notice it unless you get the hazmat suit and jump in some fuel jell in prime 3 corruption

Looks like you are off to a good start. This is going to be one awsome suit when it is completed. BTW, how are you going to mount the puldrons without them sagging oun you, and are you going to put LEDs into them?

rvb~ I know, but i love beaten armour. Looks more realistic to me.

This was my original inspiration to start working on this project:
20070927_samus_aran.jpg

Texan~ The shoulderbells are going to be difficult, i havent quite figured out just yet how i should mount them. And Yep, im going to try to make the segmented leds, and not just a led strip through them like i will in the legs

That looks Pretty darn good. I guess it would get that beat up if the shields fell for a short amount of time, especially if fighting a boss like Ridley or Kraid.

Also, would you like for me to work on ideas about mounting the pauldrons?

Texan~ that would be amazing!

troubleis~ Yep! im planning on fiberglassing the suit, however im also looking into ways other than that. Like if smooth cast could be an idea that would work

Armour that looks like it has seen a fight or two is awesome. Armour that looks like it went through a woodchipper a couple of times, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back