Sandbagger's Iron Man builds - Now in STEEL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article today in the Canberra Times

Canberra's own Iron Man

Image credits Rohan Thomson, Canberra Times.

v2FDhG3.jpg

EynrZbD.png

this is amazing. i love the video where you're walking through the mall with the security. almost look like tony stark

Sandbagger I think it's time to assemble your team!

Check this out, Eggheads.
Engineer pranks passers-by with real-life Thor hammer

Apart from that, I'm sure you've already done this, but you can set all your phone notifications as different Jarvis sound bites! If you have your phone on you in suit you'll probably get a laugh when they hear Jarvis announcing your messages.

Sandbagger I think it's time to assemble your team!

Check this out, Eggheads.
Engineer pranks passers-by with real-life Thor hammer

Apart from that, I'm sure you've already done this, but you can set all your phone notifications as different Jarvis sound bites! If you have your phone on you in suit you'll probably get a laugh when they hear Jarvis announcing your messages.

If I ever take any time off this project mate, I'll either go canyoning or I'll just sleep....

The 2018 Starlight Children's Foundation fundraiser at Zing Pop Culture in Tuggeranong, Canberra this weekend - was a huge success with the Iron Man suit! The kids loved it! I think a few adults went a bit nuts too.... :p

I couldn't have done it without the endless patience and generosity of these two blokes, James and Shane, who do all the electronics, lugging the boxes of equipment in and out of venues, bolting me in and out of the suit and crowd control for me.
MY034B5.jpg

2zA5Byd.jpg

My boy came and visited his dad too!
FWvADrA.jpg

And Batman!
Hr5AsAo.jpg

Young Jedi Rey. :D
b4x7ifG.jpg

The gang from Zing.
8XsEWHY.jpg

This was James' idea in the local cinema foyer.
4VlDgCS.jpg

To top it all off, the tough little guy, Zeke, whom we visited in hospital some time ago, is doing well now and couldn't wait to come down and pay Iron Man a visit! I was so stoked to see him there and get a photo with him! Awesome kid!

"The boy and his hero... Iron Man, you really have made a huge impression on Zeke.... As sick as he was (and he was so very sick) in hospital, he still remembers you coming to see him. And I’ll never forget it
2764.png
❤️.

Thank you Baz and team."

Zeke's Mum.

elAL6ie.jpg

gzyGcSW.jpg

Another Iron Man gig for sick kids complete! Tonight, we visited Ronald McDonald house at the Canberra Hospital. There weren't many kids, but the few who were there got a surprise! We weren't allowed to take any photos, but hopefully some of the mums and dads might be willing to share some later. Special thanks to Shane and Patrick for being my Iron Man roadies tonight, and Zee from Teetalk for the new Iron Man/Baz Industries T-Shirts.

Convoy for Cancer Families is on this Sunday in Canberra. Trucks and Motorcycles drive the route, raising money for these families in need. The convoy ends at our showgrounds, where stalls, personalities and concerts are held for the rest of the afternoon. Iron Man included!

Flat chat tonight. Gearing up for Sunday at EPIC! 12 Noon until 3pm.

Checking the suit, making adjustments. Charging batteries and systems checks. Washing the stinky sweaty undersuit!

I've been on a crash diet for the last week and lost 3 kg. Every 100 grams I lose makes the suit more comfortable. Haircut done, to fit my rude lookin' melon into the helmet and shaving the man-beard off tonight. A new Baz for a few days.

New stickers thanks to my mate Ken!

Baz.

HopDFee.jpg

g5NX3hE.jpg

mqr5mKn.jpg

Today's Cancer Convoy was just freakin' AMAZING! Hundreds of trucks and motorcycles honking their horns right across the district to raise money for a great cause.

My crew and I had difficulty getting into the showgrounds in Canberra, even as we were part of the organised displays, but the police turned us around a couple of times, so in the end we joined the convoy to make it to the gate we needed.

Once inside, we set up our dressing studio and my two team roadies, James and Peter, got out the rattle guns and bolted me into the suit.

We got absolutely MOBBED all afternoon. Kids and adults alike, lining up, high fives and fist bumps, getting photos with Iron Man. Bands were playing Johnny Diesel bashed out a few tunes and lots of other entertainment, food and markets.

Big day. I'm stuffed.

Baz.

25Akhoi.jpg

Image above credit James Mouat.

oSjVfQA.jpg

p9CbtEn.jpg

My two roadies, James and Peter. James is responsible for all the electronics wiring and coding in the suit, while Peter has been my IT rock for years, hosting my builds website and solving a myriad of challenges for me when I break the internet.

U3QT2G9.jpg

HZt740s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back