Scale Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougborski

Oh great 405th gurus and masters! Please here my prayer!

I'm building halo armor and well I finished the chest piece but I tested it out and it was way to big!

So I hopped on the internet and looked up on google "How to scale halo armor" and so on.

I was surfing the net for about a good freakin' hour and absolutly nothing helped on making my armor

scale to a 5'10" guy and that's about my height. But I can never get anything to actually help me so I thought

I'd come here

I need to scale my armor fast!

Read thy stickies, grasshopper, and thou shalt find the light. They exploreth the depths of ALL your questions, I tell ye, and thou shalt be satisfied.

To answer your question though, you need to go to 2d menu, change scale, and input the proper dimensions in the length, width, and height boxes. measure from armpit to armpit, and add about 5-10 mm onto that measurement. Input that in the width box, and you should have a perfect sizer. Or, us the low-def robogenesis files, and input your height (in inches) in the scale factor box (thus, 70.0) That should be perfect. Enjoy, and please ask any more questions you have.

EDIT, oh, and welcome to the forums! ;)

yeah, armpit to armpit, i found out the hard way (im on my fourth go!) soo many papercuts.

you might also have to move the pieces around on pepakura so that they fit on the page, which can be a bit annoying seeming as the torso piece is massive!

I would also like to deliver a confession for my scaling noobness to those more wise than I.

First id like to mention ive read the stickies ( as ive noticed that's a common answer to questions regarding this topic). I spent a good 4 days glued to these forums just... reading

@_@ sooo much reading.

I eventually found some answers on scaling so i put them to work, but everytime i hit a bump so i would come back to look for more info. So far 3 methods of scaling have revealed themselves to me, at least i think they're all different, and i am really confused as to what method should i apply to scale my armor.

1st: the keep-it-simple method: measure yourself and input the measurements into pep designer

- my problem with this was if i entered one dimension eg. height it automatically adjusts width and depth to suit, which more often than not made the armor look like it was meant for people with muscles the size of small children.

2nd: a friend of mine found a pepakura scaling program which, when your height was entered, calculated the sizes of armor pieces based on you clicking the appropriate points on a scale model ( 12" scale model of master chief)

- i met the same problem as with the 1st method, and there's also the likelihood that mistakes could have been made when scaling to the model master chief

the 3rd i found was a calculation to find the "assembly Height" to enter into pep based off a armpit-to-armpit measurement of your chest ( this method clearly for use on chest-pieces)

Formula:

AH= 1.247 x (armpit-to-armpit measurement in 'cm') + 0.595

(assembly Height)

- not 100% sure if this way works for calculating chest scaling, because i havn't yet started on a chest piece of my own, so am completely in the dark about this one.

If anyone can enlighten me on these methods of scaling/scaling in general, or direct me to a helpful post that'd be much appreciated.

( and my brain would also like to stop spinning)

Cheers :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone, apologies if im posting in the wrong thread, Im trying to find the pepakura blueprints for the spartan armour from the youtube video, can anyone help post the exact link to it, thank you.. and thank you for reposting as im sure you did, the links for scale techniques

kind regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back