Scaling Armor correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowVFX

So, here's my problem. My Robogenesis LD Mark VI armor is a bit too big on me. I followed the instructions given here to the letter: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31627-HaloGoddess-quot-How-To-Scale-quot-Tutorial

I determined that it needed to be ~430mm in width (assuming the 2 extra inches for space, per the suggestions listed in the scaling thread) and the armor still turned out too large.

I'm now considering going with Flying Squirrel's HD Mark VI armor, but as soon as I went to change the scaling I noticed that it is already significantly smaller than Robo's LD armor by a couple dozen mm.

I really want to avoid printing this off, cutting out pieces and gluing half of it together only to realize it's also over or undersized. Is there ANY way of making some kind of test piece or something to see how it'll fit before all the hard work? I don't wanna waste another week's worth of time...any help!?

It's too bad the modelers don't include a piece (like a hoop or something) that (when assembled) should fit snug around your chest. It would be a lot nicer to print out and piece 5 pieces together for a test fit, rather than do the entire dang model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back