Scorpion Gunship From Avatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dung0beetle

I just came across this paper model while browsing. It's a .pdf, not pep, so mac users can use it too.

P1130891.JPG

Get it here.

nope, its from the movie: avatar

it says so in the topic title ;)

nice find, it looks hard to build though

Condor said:
nope, its from the movie: avatar

it says so in the topic title ;)

nice find, it looks hard to build though

Oh, don't know how I missed that :eek

I guess I just assumed it was Halo, it looks just like a Hornet. I haven't seen Avatar either.

Last edited by a moderator:
mustang2500 said:
I guess I just assumed it was Halo, it looks just like a Hornet.

More of a Falcon than a Hornet. :p

Is that plastic for the windshield, or what?

EDIT: Cockpit, not windshield.

EDIT #2: Not cockpit, canopy. (Thank you SchizophrenicMC)

Uh, you mean canopy, anyway, and it looks like it's acrylic. There's a tutorial floating around the interwebs about it. It's a great way to make canopies, though it takes some skill.

The canopy is just clear plastic strips glued underneath the canopy frame. I used to make cardmodel aircraft back before my eyes went bad. I would have killed for pepakura back then.

dungbeetle said:
The canopy is just clear plastic strips glued underneath the canopy frame. I used to make cardmodel aircraft back before my eyes went bad. I would have killed for pepakura back then.

I've seen them in acryilic and transparent projector paper. Both are good methods, although projector paper is hard to print on, and doesn't take to PVA glue, meaning you have to use CA...

modernwarfare2 said:
avatar copied and has a pelican too

And the Pelican is the UD-4L Cheyenne from Aliens. What's your point?

The styling used on these types of dropships and gunships is a very military and awesome one. I can see why they all chose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back