SeamusRocks' Emile Halo Reach Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey SeamusRock, I'm not sure if this has been answered anywhere else (pretty sure it hasn't) but do you know what type of ordnance Emile has strapped to his chest. They look like smoke grenades. But I'd rather not wait till the play arts figures come out to find out.
thanks

I think they are either smoke grenades or flash grenades. The add on to his chest is the Multi-Threat.

Niceness i have a q how did you do the chin when i pep'd this that was priolly th hardest peice becuse of all the lil'folds

Detail painting later, just coated the red to make it solid red and not the fade effect. Also going to put on a matte finish and then start making stencils and detail painting/battle damaging.

I was wondering if you could post ur pep file for me so i can make it...haven't had any luck getting a few others opening hopefully urs will

Uhhh I didn't make the file, Chevysrule did. And go to the halo costuming wiki for all your information. You need a program before you actually try to open the files. This thread is not the one to ask questions on.

Wow, going to do more detailing tomorrow and put in padding... Free handed the stripes on the side and the earpieces,
3a2697db.jpg
9d3fb481.jpg
9bd0a3df.jpg
e4c3c8cf.jpg
5b08471e.jpg
9d5638ce.jpg

WOAW! awesome helmet man and hell no not to much battle damage, i have seen people put even more battle damage then that and it still looked good like that, very nice job man kepp up the good work :)

WOAW! awesome helmet man and hell no not to much battle damage, i have seen people put even more battle damage then that and it still looked good like that, very nice job man kepp up the good work :)

Thanks man. I am still detailing so I will be fixing up the stripes and ear pieces and will be adding as much detail as I can.

its not that its too much but i think its the wrong way of going about it. the streaks are too solid, get a large thin brush and cut it apart randomly with a pair of scissors so that its jagged. then lightly spray silver paint on the tips. on the helmet youll want to look for hard, sharp edges, where, if you were too scrap a "real" helmet against a rough surface, damage would be the most severe. lightly run the brush across the chosen edges in the same GENERAL direction in different lengths and darkness. also, taking a rotary to heavily "damaged" areas to simulate gouges really brings out the realism. adam posted a really good video showing how to do a variant of this method.

the damage you have on it right now looks kind of....... fake? just be thoughtfully random (as in not too much) with this and less solid with the silver and this is going to look amazing.

btw im digging the hellspartan meets emile look. fits the helmet really well. nice job on the sanding too, very smooth. overall excellent job :)

Yeah I think its just how you do it. On my Speed Racer helmet I did the Vaseline and sand method. It works out great! BTW Nice hellspartan look!

its not that its too much but i think its the wrong way of going about it. the streaks are too solid, get a large thin brush and cut it apart randomly with a pair of scissors so that its jagged. then lightly spray silver paint on the tips. on the helmet youll want to look for hard, sharp edges, where, if you were too scrap a "real" helmet against a rough surface, damage would be the most severe. lightly run the brush across the chosen edges in the same GENERAL direction in different lengths and darkness. also, taking a rotary to heavily "damaged" areas to simulate gouges really brings out the realism. adam posted a really good video showing how to do a variant of this method.

the damage you have on it right now looks kind of....... fake? just be thoughtfully random (as in not too much) with this and less solid with the silver and this is going to look amazing.

btw im digging the hellspartan meets emile look. fits the helmet really well. nice job on the sanding too, very smooth. overall excellent job :)

Yah, I'm not finished detailing so I can still fix those areas. And the camera didn't catch all of it, there are really small specks all around the streaks, as I used the dry brush method.

Fixed up some of the back, haha woke up early just to work on my helmet.
002d7835.jpg
cb1e6779.jpg
423d5640.jpg
I couldn't find the best lighting so some of the marks may look solid, but they are really just thin, small layers of paint, because the paint is shiny, so depending on the lighting it could look different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back