second helmet build (JFO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegasRaider117

Hello im...well you know by the name up top but thats not important. I would like to show you my progress on my JFO helmet and maybe get some helpful tips.

so far i have cut out all the pieces in about two1/2 days and started gluing
IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

this one was alittle tough :(
IMAG0198.jpg

going to glue it on and finish more tomorrow
IMAG0199.jpg

if you have a tip,want to let me know what im doing wrong or just want to comment because you can? WELL your welcome to so (seriously anything)

here's an update

just put the back on
IMAG0203.jpg

IMAG0204.jpg

and now i'm working on the visor and sides. here's what i've got done so far
IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0206.jpg

I'll try to get more done tomorrow and thanks for reading

looks awesome! definitely the start of something!!! great pep work, the lines look clean and sharp! whats your plan for the visor? are you going to etch in the pattern or cut a second visor out for your helmet? cant wait to see more from you!!

looks awesome! definitely the start of something!!! great pep work, the lines look clean and sharp! whats your plan for the visor? are you going to etch in the pattern or cut a second visor out for your helmet? cant wait to see more from you!!

thanks man, im not to sure about the visor yet might just cut a motorcycle or football visor and vacuum forming is in option as well.
was a litte busy today but will have more pics up soon.

thanks everybody here's an update

just put the front top on and will build more of the back tomorrow.
IMAG0209.jpg

here's the front angle.
IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0207.jpg

will have more soon.

Two things....
1, this looks really good, pep is clean.
2, where in vegas do u live? :) I'm a vegas person also lol

thanks man this is my third pep build (2nd helmet) and i think im doing much better.
and i live off craig & walnut how about you?

You always seem to get better the more you do it i think :)
Im currently off jones, between vegas and washington.
Maybe we can chat sometime and meet up, but lets move it to PM's as to not clutter your thread :-D

Hello and sorry for nothing in the past few days, family and friends came up for cinco de mayo.
anyway its not much but i got some finished, here's the pics

IMAG0212.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

will try and finish the rest tomorrow and just a heads up this might go as far as resining the outside
till i get more bondo. hopefully i get some soon to keep this rolling

looking good! might i suggest adding some fiberglass mat to the rondo mix, it strengthens the armor and keeps it quite a bit lighter. i did my first helmet in full rondo and it weighed a ton, bout 5-7 lbs. truly a monster. my latest one, which is the one in my build thread, i added fiberglass mat to the mix, and it makes a big difference! the helmet weighs maybe 3lbs at the most! love the stuff! cant wait for more from you, looking great so far!

looking good! might i suggest adding some fiberglass mat to the rondo mix, it strengthens the armor and keeps it quite a bit lighter. i did my first helmet in full rondo and it weighed a ton, bout 5-7 lbs. truly a monster. my latest one, which is the one in my build thread, i added fiberglass mat to the mix, and it makes a big difference! the helmet weighs maybe 3lbs at the most! love the stuff! cant wait for more from you, looking great so far!
I second this. My JFO has a thin layer of rondo, then fiberglass, then more rondo. It's as sturdy as a rock, but I think I might have overdone it. A thin layer of rondo and a good coating of fiberglass like Darthobvlious did should give you a rock hard piece with little weight. Also, it's looking like a very solid pep, and like Madfirefox, I love seeing more and more JFO builds. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back