"Server Too Busy" Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

elusch99

Anyone else tried to come on and have this pop up? It's been happening more and more frequently to me... Any ideas why?

I know I was trying to post a comment and when I hit post "SEVER TO BUSY" :( and I was using an xbox it takes like 2 minutes to type a message :(
BUT I STILL LOVE YOU 405th.com............ no homo ;)

This is an issue that Spase needs to look into.

Essentially, it's an issue that occurs on vBulletin forums when the site experiences a high load - the forum blocks any new connections until the load has decreased and normal activity can be resumed. It can also be caused by the server hardware performing too many operations at once, such as automated backups. Since this seems to occur at a regular interval every night, I'm given to think that this has something to do with a high load on the server couple with the server performing routine backups, since this wasn't an issue prior to the forum upgrade and I seem to recall Spase mentioning a more frequent backup of the forum.

This is easily sorted by altering the 'NIX Load Limit' value in the server CP, and by ensuring the server hardware is running smoothly.

This happens to me multiple times a day, sometimes. Most of the time when I want to check for new threads, or check the threads that I follow, that message pops up. But it's not only when I get on, sometimes the site actually kicks me off when I'm in the middle of reading something, because "the server is too busy".

sometimes the site actually kicks me off when I'm in the middle of reading something, because "the server is too busy".

This shouldn't happen at all, unless your page is actively refreshing itself. The page you're currently on will be cached and nothing will happen until you enter another connection to the server - the issue is literally the server blocking new connections until the load is decreased.

Simply put: if you're reading a thread and the server experiences this error, you won't know about it until you try to load a new page.

Had it happen to me when trying to update my build thread. Thanks for the information on what it is all about, nice to know it's nothing serious.

It happens every time I am online. If it can be fixed, it should be.

I have no idea why it hasn't been fixed by now. I'm fairly certain that Spase SHOULD know about this issue and, now that I've said something on how it should be fixed, it should be a simple matter of going in and doing so.

At the risk of "whining", the issue is not fixed yet. The server is still "too busy" for its users, especially in the evenings.

For everyone's information, I think the problem is fixed now. Not positive, but it's not annoying me anymore.

I actually got the "Server Too Busy" message last week.

I keep having a problem with google chrome. It says it can only display the "cached" version of the page, and then if i try it in internet explorer it gives me a 404 error.

I keep having a problem with google chrome. It says it can only display the "cached" version of the page, and then if i try it in internet explorer it gives me a 404 error.

I've not seen this problem at all.

In fact, I haven't seen the "server too busy" error for some time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back