Soft Parts Shoes For Armor Boots, Update 9-25-08

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used the bottom of the pep shoe traced it on wood then cut it out i then cut a strip off the middel of that and cut the strip smaller i then got a old pair of snekers and screwed them on to the wood im gonna fiberglass the pep onto the wood and paint. works great

(btw cut groves on bottom of the wood cause slipery shoes pluse carpet = rug burned arms

Thing is, with the above, you'll sound like a horse clopping around.

What someone ought to do is make molded soles for the pep shoes and then fit some rubber grips inside of the pep'ed toe armor, and foot armor, and then fiberglass/resin/mold the foot armor and screw in the molded soles to the bottoms of the boots....

Make them out of latex rubber, and you should have yourself a comfy shoe..?

Sound like a good idea?

I just bought the Croc boots online yesterday (thanks for reminding me Lee!) and I'll be making test pep pieces to put on the boots when they get here in 3 days. I think this will deffinately work the best.

I think I'm going to get myself a set of Magnum Response tactical boots. I should be able to use them for my mjolnir as well as my Stargate Atlantis outfit.

On that matter, how do most people attach there armor to there boots and be able to take the armor off the boots reasonably easily. (IF anyone does this that is)
The magnum response boots.
Response8zip.jpg

I think alot of people (correct me if Im wrong) use little snap buttons they put along the bottom of the shoe...

My Croc boots are arriving today so i'll quickly throw together a craptastic low-def paper model to put over the boot, I might start the actual build this weekend in between Rondo curing time on the SR. I'll post pics here of the boot(s) when I have somethign cool to show.

And like I think I said before, Im makin my boot armor a permanent attachment to the crocs, chea :cool:

BlacRoseImmortal said:
I think alot of people (correct me if Im wrong) use little snap buttons they put along the bottom of the shoe...
My Croc boots are arriving today so i'll quickly throw together a craptastic low-def paper model to put over the boot, I might start the actual build this weekend in between Rondo curing time on the SR. I'll post pics here of the boot(s) when I have somethign cool to show.

And like I think I said before, Im makin my boot armor a permanent attachment to the crocs, chea :cool:

I have snap buttons on the sides of the shoe to hold the armor parts in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
CPU64 said:
I have snap buttons on the sides of the shoe to hold the armor parts in place.
where might i acquire some of these "snap buttons" and does anyone have any pictures of them?

I got the boots yesterday and have started the pep, I have the front done but I'm still workin on scaling problems... the boots seem to have been abit bigger then I wanted so I want the pep to fit as snug as possible.... no matter what thought I think they are gonna look like clown shoes :cautious:

Wrong size :D its a tad spacey in there, but they ar VERY comfortable and the rubber is thick enough to not fall apart while I mod it but its thin enough so I can add the snap button things and whatever else I can think of. I'll finish building the HD Boot, if its too big then i'll send the finished hd boot pep to someone who it will look right on lol

p0rtalman said:
where might i acquire some of these "snap buttons" and does anyone have any pictures of them?

Here you go - any leathercraft (or even general craft) shop should have these...

Snaps

snaps.jpg

Macattack64 said:
And dogwizard, do you have a picture of you shoe layout that you use to keep them on?

It's actually on the previous page of this thread and in my progress thread. The pics aren't very descriptive so hopefully this helps:

I have a nice pair of Magnums that I didn't want to turn into permanant costume boots so I basically used expanding foam to create a compression fit mold around the boots. Once the foam set, I just trimmed it with a knife and attached both pieces using black cloth/foam headliner material (to hide the boot beneath). I sealed the foam with spray-on Plasti-Dip to protect the foam and give a stickier "grip". That's about it - the boots can be pulled out and because the foam is form-fitting, they pretty much stay put. I thought about lacing some velcro into the boot laces for extra security but so far that hasn't been necessary...

Boots

@ BlacRoseImmortal - I'm up in Jacksonville...bleah...

DogWizard said:
Here you go - any leathercraft (or even general craft) shop should have these...

Snaps

snaps.jpg
Thanks DogWizard,
I might experiment with your method of fitting the shoes, it sounds interesting.

You could buy some budget jungle boots ($10-20 at an army surplus store) and cut vertically up the ankle, and sew in a zipper. You know, like Paratrooper Zip boots.

I'm actually almost done with my prototype HD Mark VI Croc Boots :]

So far so good, I should it done really soon...depending on the weather (damn hurricanes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back