Shooting for ODST by Halloween...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draiss

I started on Sunday and so far have completed the pep'n of the chest and stomach plates. Thinking about hitting up the torso next or the shoulders. I think I could have all the pep'n done by the end of this weekend. Now, that being said, the fiberglass and bondo may be another story. Much less the paint. I don't want to halfa$$ it, but really put myself in a crunch time point by making this choice Saturday night. I'll post pictures shortly...

Cripes thats quite a deadline isnt it? well good luck with that. should be too hard other than the helmet (which is a PAIN heads up)at least there'll be many an update:eek

Here we go so far. As far as a helm, I've already got a Noble 6 Up-armored pep'd out and awaiting fiberglassing as well.
Stage1.jpg

Stage1.jpg

oooh, those are nice, so you're using sixes eh? . . . i can't picture that so i just gonna wait:)

good luck, i wish my armor would be done by then but there have been too many delays plus school. i think i will just wear the one my friend bought from that company that sells them for a $1000 if he will let me.

I wish you the best of luck! I've been attempting an ODST costume for Halloween myself. Except I'm trying it through a molding and casting (it's not workin too good =( ). I hope you have better luck then I've had.

Well, the torso is taking a hot minute to complete. Worked on it for about 3 hours and only got it about 1/3-1/2 way done. Going to push hard tomorrow afternoon to see if I can finish pep'n it out and will then toss up a picture of it.

hows the build goin, any new updates? one more week! keep it up if you go how you're goin id guess pretty quick here soon

You know, by next week is a very ambitious goal but I think it would be a good idea to let it go. The reason I saw that is I tried rushing mine and made a lot of mistakes. When I dropped my Halloween deadline and took my time, I found my pieces looked much better and were the proper size. All and all though your peps look great and good luck, keep it up

Yeah, life in general has kind of been getting in the way. I should finish pep'n the torso tomorrow, finally. Not seeing me make the deadline. Oh well, such is life. Just means next year is going to be AWESOME! lol Not to mention I might get my wife to gear up too. Which would rock. She's a closet nerd, afraid to just let go, lol.

Yeah, life in general has kind of been getting in the way. I should finish pep'n the torso tomorrow, finally. Not seeing me make the deadline. Oh well, such is life. Just means next year is going to be AWESOME! lol Not to mention I might get my wife to gear up too. Which would rock. She's a closet nerd, afraid to just let go, lol.

I hear ya brother, I already told my wife she has to pic an armor combination from reach then I'm making her armor because I dared her to walk at next years dragon-con. Plus, it's an excuse to see Fort Benning again

I know how you feel Draiss.

Because I'm not going to have my odst finished before the weekend my gf wants me to go as Finn from Adventure Time...

Which you know... is more intimidating than an odst...

Yeah... Finn... lol

Like I said, just means I can take my time and really pay attention to detail. I'm going to use the Airman Battle Uniform (ABU) of the USAF as my undersuit and paint my ODST armor in a semi matching color to it. I was prior USAF K9 and figured it'd be cool to link the two. Plus, I can actually do the ODST helm now instead of using my Up-armored Noble 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back