Should i buy a XBOX 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I had problems with the heating unit to my house I rent.
The landlord came over to take a look at it. He wanted to turn the power off to it, but didn't know which breaker to flip, so he flipped them all.
My 360 was currently on when he started doing this before I could turn in off properly.
I found my 360 with the red ring flashing/spinning round the power button with the center light blinking green.
I turned it off and turned it back on to see if everything was ok.
It wasn't reading anything, not my harddrive, not my memory card, not even my controllers.
It did however reach the dashboard at start up.
After some tinkering I found the memory card was preventing me from connecting the controllers for some reason.
After I established that, I preceeded to try and find my profile, which was gone.

I thought, "CRAP".

I restablished my wireless link after a bit and went through gamertag recovery.
I didn't realize this, but XBL backups up your entire profile online.
I downloaded it and everything went back to normal. :cool:

Had mine for a year and a half now, this was the worst thing to happen so far. I say, get it.

Well this is my third 360 XD

1st Xbox 360 - Overheat - I kept playing for a very long time XD and kept it in crowed places where it really can't get any air. Started to freeze but I really didn't care about stupid me :p Ends up to freeze more often like 3 times a day until it ends up with Red Rings of Death :eek:
What is this story theme? Try to get something to prevent it from overheating or Overheating is a bad sign.

I simply used my warranty (2 years) at Best Buy (Not a really good idea...pretty much wasted I must say) Replaced it with another at the store. Gave mine in. Done. Took only a few hours. :p A few months later I had Red Rings of Death again XD

2nd 360 - Well...Pieces went crazy - This time I was prepared for any overheating so I bought a cooler system. Worked well :D
This time it was really stupid. I wanted to play on the HDTV but there was no room to put it any where except the floor or on top of the subwoofer. Yes I said subwoofer, apparently shakes a lot (especially on Gears of War :p) And I guess stuff in the 360 fell out causing a malfunction :p This time I didn't want to waste my warranty for Best Buy so instead I chose to use the Microsoft warranty which was like a year now :D So that's good. But bad thing was it took like 3 weeks to get back. At least they gave me a 1 month of Xbox Live GOLD :D
Theme - Don't put it on top of the subwoofer XD

At least you have a full year of the warranty (completely free) so that's good, so I think it's worth it :D

soxfanant95 said:
Yea and now they have a 1 year waranty for the red rings
No it has a 3 year waranty. And the 360 is so worth it. I've had mine for a year now and not had 1 problem with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
those of you that have had to send your 360's in to microsoft, about how long does it take to get it back (i live in North Charleston, SC)? i called them on thursday to send me a box to send it to them in; (i think) they said the box would arrive in 3-5 business days, and i still havent gotten it :cautious: and that it'd take about 3-4 weeks till i get it back from them. what do you think the chances are of me getting it back before christmas (i'm gonna be uber-pissed if i don't, esp. since i'm probly gettin Guitar Hero III) and if and how i can find out
it'd be so disappointing if i got all this new stuff for my 360 for christmas, but no 360 :cry: i'd cry

Thanks for the advices guys

My friend is bringing his 360 tomorow so i'll be able to try halo3 for the first time on a 80" plasma screen with a ******* huge sound system

Go to be kickass :lol:

cheezeheadiii said:
those of you that have had to send your 360's in to microsoft, about how long does it take to get it back (i live in North Charleston, SC)? i called them on thursday to send me a box to send it to them in; (i think) they said the box would arrive in 3-5 business days, and i still havent gotten it :cautious: and that it'd take about 3-4 weeks till i get it back from them. what do you think the chances are of me getting it back before christmas (i'm gonna be uber-pissed if i don't, esp. since i'm probly gettin Guitar Hero III) and if and how i can find out
it'd be so disappointing if i got all this new stuff for my 360 for christmas, but no 360 :cry: i'd cry

Nothing ever goes as planned. EVER. Well anyways it took like a week for the box to arrive. I think your hopes for it to come could be somewhat high but depends if there working like usual, sure it will make it. If they start taking day offs and puts a stop to fixing xbox 360s, your fucked. But Microsoft should be smart enough all those gamers want those 360s back before Christmas :/ Unless there lazy ass bitches XD
Don't worry I have hopes that it will make it. ;-)

TR Gunzilla said:
Thanks for the advices guys

My friend is bringing his 360 tomorow so i'll be able to try halo3 for the first time on a 80" plasma screen with a ******* huge sound system

Go to be kickass :lol:

80"!? HOLY ****! :eek: THAT'S HUGE! My biggest TV on my house is 60" XD

Last edited by a moderator:
the 360 is the best investent that i have ever made. it is always kept in perfect condition and hasnt broken yet you need to get one, you will thank yourself

Had my 360 since May 2006, and have had no problems since.
I've even had XBL longer than that, since July 2005.
And even Halo 2 longer than that! Christmas Eve 2004.

And have had no problems ever.

Why are you asking, OF COURSE buy one!

EDIT : I live in Quebec too! Took me 2 weeks to receive my new xbox. You ship it to Toronto, not to California ;)

Je te rajoute dans mes amis ;)

And buy it at Futureshop. For 89$, you have a full 3 year warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back