Side Project Time! Code Name: SUMMER FUN ( A Swimsuit Cortana project)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IshidaRyusei

Jr Member
Seeing as I'm still waiting for some things to fall into place for my main Cortana project I've decided to work on a little side project. The local Cosplay Group that I work with, officially titled the CHG Cosplay Hangout Group in the GTA, is holding a beach party/event next month for the local CosCom. In the spirit of summer I wanted to do a fun swimsuit cosplay but alas I don't have a whole lot of options outside of the classic Miku Hatsune that seems to be a default for every and any one. I figured, seeing as I'm on a thing for Cortana and the like right now and I'm really into the idea of "What if she were human instead of an AI?", why don't I try throwing together a little something inspired by our favourite blue girl? So far I have been able to get the ball rolling on this project and picked up a few different blue two piece swimsuits to use as the base of the design. Best part of two different styles is that it allows me to switch things up a bit and play around. Pictured below are the ones I have picked up.

DSCN2756.JPG

They're all the same blue and the only problem or hitch so far is that I will need to make some modifications to the bandeau style top due to it being too wide in the back while the bust fits without issue otherwise.

With these four different pieces I can make the following combinations:

A)DSCN2757.JPG

B)DSCN2758.JPG

C)DSCN2759.JPG

D)DSCN2760.JPG

Now comes the challenge of designing what to paint on it... Should I go classic Cortana-style data streams? UNSC logo? What design should I apply to the bikini and how should it be placed? The plan is to accessorize with a waist wrap, black sheer cover up and a sun hat and maybe a dog tag or two and some other doo-dads to make it feel military-esque and yet still stay sexy. Regarding the designs though I am very interested in hearing some opinions and suggestions. How would you guys go about it? I am desperate to know! The sooner I can figure it out the faster I can start progressing on the rest of it. The event isn't until AUgust 20 but that still doesn't leave much time.

I like the idea of using cortana-style data stream patterns on them. Wicked idea adding this to a swim suit!

New HALO Swim line at Wal-Mart? Could be interesting.........

I like the idea of using cortana-style data stream patterns on them. Wicked idea adding this to a swim suit!

Thanks :) I'm thinking maybe using it on the bottom half of the swimsuit and then slowly translating it to the top? I like the "wings" she has in halo 4 so that may look good on the bum? Bottoms are always easy to play with but the top is the difficult part.

New HALO Swim line at Wal-Mart? Could be interesting.........
haha I agree, Should do some for the chief and Commander Palmer if I get the chance :D I like to try thinking outside the box. WOuld be cool to get it turned into an actual line of swimwear.... *Gears buzz and whir*

Deal!! I have an in w/ several manufacturer/wholesalers here in NY.

Small update but this is what I have for her :D

Gonna go with this configuration for now until I can deal with the other tie up bottoms.... >.> hopefully the xs is still at work tomorrow. For the design I'm thinking of using elements from Halo 4 and incorporating a few different insignias onto the bust of the suit in a subtle manner.
DSCN2761.JPG
These are the flowers I mentioned.

DSCN2762.JPG

More update :D I was able to find a xs of the tie up bottoms too so I'll be using that for the final bottoms and the others will be a variant. Anyways, I tried on the stuff so pics of that will be below. I'm trying different ways of wrapping the pareo and am looking to find either a sheer black cover up with open front or a terry cloth hoodie. I'll be picking up some fabric paint friday although I'm debating if I should go darker bblue orlighter blue. I'm more than happy to hear your opinions on it as it will of great help to the final product and I want to do my absolute best with this. I've kind of decided on the patterns I'll be using for the top and bottoms. Bottoms will consist of her wing pattern that she has emblazoned on the bum while the top will copy her bust pattern (it makes sense XD) especially considering it's a halter in style.

3d3f6150a920e7c2e85f6360bdfa42ea.jpg halo-5-cortana.jpg

Warning: Swimsuit pics inbound ^^"

DSCN2763.JPG DSCN2765.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2763.JPG
    DSCN2763.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 294
Halter style? What Cortana wears is almost a slingshot style but w/ a semi-full bottom coverage. In any picture/game shot capture, she has a very low spit front, practically to her navel (do AIs have a navel?), which halters are near full top coverage.

Halter style? What Cortana wears is almost a slingshot style but w/ a semi-full bottom coverage. In any picture/game shot capture, she has a very low spit front, practically to her navel (do AIs have a navel?), which halters are near full top coverage.

You have a point but in terms of the style of the bikini it matches very well.
Looks amazing you suit it really well hoping it all goes well when you take it to con :D

Thanks ^^ I hope so too haha.

You have a point but in terms of the style of the bikini it matches very well.

Agreed. Style matches........to a point. Again, in any of the game incarnations, the top always sweeps down her chest and backward. Something a bikini really can't do w/o some type of under wire which would negate it as being a bikini or fabric designed as a 1 piece. Again, not a bikini. I'm not trying to be difficult or dissuade you from doing this.......by all means go a head. I'm just voicing my opinion/style choice(?).....and you know what they say about opinions..........;)

Agreed. Style matches........to a point. Again, in any of the game incarnations, the top always sweeps down her chest and backward. Something a bikini really can't do w/o some type of under wire which would negate it as being a bikini or fabric designed as a 1 piece. Again, not a bikini. I'm not trying to be difficult or dissuade you from doing this.......by all means go a head. I'm just voicing my opinion/style choice(?).....and you know what they say about opinions..........;)

Very true haha but it should look good once painted on and I hope to incorporate blue team's emblem somewhere or the mantle.

Looking forward to it........then I can throw my opinion in again........;)

Looking forward to it........then I can throw my opinion in again........;)

XD Thanks again. What I need help with is if I should go darker or lighter though for the paintjob. I wanna pick up the paint from work on Friday so I need to know as I believe it's final sale?

Keep in mind that the water will change the fabric to a darker shade. They do make fabric dyes that do change color when hit w/ cold or hot water......something else to think about.

Keep in mind that the water will change the fabric to a darker shade. They do make fabric dyes that do change color when hit w/ cold or hot water......something else to think about.
True but I'm not super experienced with dyes or controlling them. I could try mixing the colours a bit otherwise the light blue would be too light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back