Signature Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We have made a modification to signature images. You can no longer link to signature images external to this site, but instead MUST upload your signature image here.

Why are we doing this? Two reasons:

1) Our server is fast. Other servers are not. Loading external signature images means the page takes longer to load because outside calls are being made to various servers. With your image stored here, the load is faster.
2) We cannot control the size of external images, meaning you can have ridiculously huge images in your signature which are a pain for others to have to scroll past. By uploading them here, we can dictate the size of the image.

Speaking of size, we have put in new signature image size restrictions. We have gone with the iab standard "leaderboard" banner size of 728X90 and 40kb or less. Several of you had externally linked images that were larger than that. We have scaled your images and uploaded them locally for you.

What access level is required to be able to upload a signature image? I wanted to upload one but when I went into the settings to edit my signature, the upload option was disabled (set to NO).

Upvote 0
Art Andrews I have the same problem like @KevZone its says: Can Upload Images for Signature No and Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No.
I don't know my access level since the forum Update I have no Rank anymore before I was Infanteryman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
What does it mean if a pdo is "sliced" such as Battle Rifle [Sliced] (Sliced Halo 4 Battle Rifle_L3X)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back