Silhouette SD (craft robo) Wont cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman

First I would like to appologized if this has been covered somewhere in the burried forums but I've been searching for about an hour and found nothing.

Next I would like to introduce myself as a new member of this community. Its great to be among such talented people.

As for my issue, I have a Silhouette SD that i bought just a few days ago. Model c330L and I have seen DaFleas video on how to set everything up. All works well except for the Cut. After the registration marks are scaned and the "Cut" button is availiable to be clicked I do so and then nothing happnes. The dialogue box that is supposed to pop up does not do so. I have tried reinstalling anything and everything. I still cannot get the dialogue box to pop up so I can just hit "ok" and begin cutting. Its sunday so I cant call tech support. Please let me know if you can help in any way. Thank you!

-Zman

TAG: "The trick to stepping forward is to first appreciate you can step"
- Larry Freire

Thanks Road killer but I have read those links before. I have purchased all the software needed to make this happen. The only problem I am having is the dialogue box wont appear for me to hit "ok".

Have you done this? -

"...Then I manually move the cutting head to the first reg mark (bottom-left) with my keyboard. ... So uncheck "Search Registration Mark" and just push the button "Registration Mark Reading" after you've manually moved the cutting head to the first reg mark (note, not the laser reading head, the blade itself).

It will have trouble reading a reg mark if you have parts arranged close to them, so just keep the top left, and two bottom corners clear when arranging your parts on the page (again, assuming portrait orientation).

Once it finishes reading the reg marks, you should be good to go. Then just hit "Cut" and everything should be aligned. Good luck and let me know if you still have problems after that."​

I have done that already. I also did it once again just to be 100% sure. After I click "Cut" the little dialogue box for me to confirm to cut does not pop up.

Could you possibly go through exactly what you do when you attempt to cut? If you give a step by step I may be able to help you out with what you are missing.

After I set up the card stock correctly on the sticky matt, on pepakura viewer for craft robo i go to = File > Registration - Mark Configuration. I check print registration marks. I place the numbers from top to bottom 25 , 32 , 15 , 10 then i hit "ok".

Then i go to = File > Cut Developments... I specify page 1 and hit "ok".

I set the Printer as "Graphtec CC330L" then hit "ok". (everything it portrait by the way)

Then the Craft Robo Controller pops up. I added media and named it card stock. Speed 10 Thickness 30.

I adjust the arrows so that the cutter/laser reads the registration marks correctly.

I uncheck "search registration mark" and I click bellow that where it says "registration mark reading".

The machine reads all 3 registration marks correctly just like how it shows in the video.

Then I click "CUT" and the Controller closes. No dialogue box appears. Nothing happens after that. Im stuck please help.

hmmmmmm Normally when I go through all that I leave mine set at auto search for the reg. marks. I just move the paper all the way to the edge of the carrier sheet. And the CUT box should be available before the registration marks are found. After searching all the registration marks it then pops up the are you sure to cut dialog.

hmmmmmm Normally when I go through all that I leave mine set at auto search for the reg. marks. I just move the paper all the way to the edge of the carrier sheet. And the CUT box should be available before the registration marks are found. After searching all the registration marks it then pops up the are you sure to cut dialog.

I just tried that. Still no use. Sigh.. I hope I can get more fresh eyes on this issue.

Ok i got the dialogue box to put up asking me if Im sure I want to cut. I have no idea how I got it to pop out but it just does now. When I hit "Ok" nothing happens! Need help Please!

I'm having the exact same problem. The dialogue box pops up telling me to cut, I press ok, and nothing happens. Let me know if you figure out how to get it to cut. Thanks!

Edit: Hey I found out what the problem is. I went on YouTube and looked it up and I found the problem. When Adding the printer I set the port to LPT1 when it is supposed to be one of the unused USB ports. Now it works like a charm. This is the link for the video here

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok sounds like me and you were having the same problem mine wouldn't come up either when I went to select cr either so I watched the video and followed directions and got it set up just like on the video and I tried it the first two times it came up and I went thru the steps and set it up and hit "cut" and it says its not reading the registration marks then after going back over it a few times its now when I go to file > cut developments I select graphtech and hit ok to bring up the controller and it either gives me code 60 or code 58 and I have to pull the usb to get it to get back to the controller and I still can't get it to print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back