Sizes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raze

If you were to make a halo gun prop, say an assualt rifle for defaults sake... How would you get the sizes, I know halopedia does the overall length, but im talking about all of the dimensions, Do most of you just do this by eye or is there some method you use?
-Raze

If you were to make a halo gun prop, say an assualt rifle for defaults sake... How would you get the sizes, I know halopedia does the overall length, but im talking about all of the dimensions, Do most of you just do this by eye or is there some method you use?
You can use the pep file to find the dimensions of the prop or you may refer to their blueprints, which can be found in the Weapons and Props forum.

badly worded, sorry.

You can use the pep file to find the dimensions of the prop or you may refer to their blueprints, which can be found in the Weapons and Props forum.
I worded that badly, What about if I were to make it out of wood... not from pepakura

Blueprints usually have views from all sides of a weapon. So if you needed to find the scale, you would need to find the relative size for all parts.

Say if a weapon is 150mm long and 6mm wide on an unaltered blueprint you've printed out. The size of the weapon in real life is 750mm, then the width would be relative to the rescaling of the blueprint. Here the weapon would be 30mm wide. Hope this helped!

I worded that badly, What about if I were to make it out of wood... not from pepakura
I got you the first time. I wasn't suggesting that you use pep to build one. Pep files contain information about their dimensions. If you don't have pep designer or viewer, you may need to get hold of blueprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back