Sizing Your Armor To Your Body?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I'm new at this so please don't give me carp, now I'm working on making my own set of halo 3 armor, and I was wanting to know how I can size it in pepakura 3 so that when i print it,cut it, and glue it it will fit to me? Any help will be great, thanks.

Thanks guys, now I got my armor sized up to fit me, however i'm using Pepakura 3, and on this program i can't find were you can change the size setting? Any advice?

It only shows, file, view, setting, help. NO "2d menu".

This is exactly what im haveing a problem with, trying to find the dumb size thingy

are you serious? its right at the very top of the toolbar between "other" and "settings" sorry but its kind of obvious if you actually look or pay any attention.

edit: oh sorry i see now i believe you have the viewer my friend go back to the pep site and download the actual designer its free

Alright I hope this works, now that i'm looking back at the site, I did download the viewer because I saw "free" by it and jumped the gun haha

In other news I made the forarm and turns out its like 5cm to big lol

Okay so I found another problem.

I'm 5'6".(168.91cm, 1689.1mm)

I did some math and figured that for a for arm piece I'd need it o be around eh 280mm, now when I put that in and now there are pieces that are "halfed" onto other pieces...gah its just a mess ....oh wait never mind, JUST found out you can drag the pieces to how you want them to print out haha, nvm

I would go into the noob fourm and read some of the stickys on pepakura. This will tell you all about the fold lines and how to make good ones. It also give you youtube links of how to scale mc armor.

If you would have read the tutorial and the FAQ I linked you to, you would have no questions at all.

In order to get your costume finished, you have to read the stickies and tutorials. I don't think any of us appreciate having to practically re-write the stickies and tutorials because you ar too lazey to read them (It even says in your profile you don't really like to read). If you don't want to read, this hobby isn't for you. Its the same with having patients, you need it for this hobby.

Xtreme TACTICS 101 said:
If you would have read the tutorial and the FAQ I linked you to, you would have no questions at all.

In order to get your costume finished, you have to read the stickies and tutorials. I don't think any of us appreciate having to practically re-write the stickies and tutorials because you ar too lazey to read them (It even says in your profile you don't really like to read). If you don't want to read, this hobby isn't for you. Its the same with having patients, you need it for this hobby.

He's clearly having difficulties with the program itself. Get off his back.

That being said, SomeguynamedJayke:

I would highly recommend looking online for some video tutorials on YouTube for how to use the Pepakura software. There are tons of them out there, many linked within the 405th forums. With things like this, it's always better to have a visual demonstration to go along with it. That way, you don't have to make more posts and wait for people to respond with what may or may not be the answer to what you're looking for. As far as scaling questions, if you have any after reading other ones, just look up Abrant3 and read some of his posts. He has the most reliable method out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright so ive got it sized to fit my body but how do i make the helmet get over my head i dont want to make it look crappy..[attachment=14955:655072.jpg]

scptg2087 said:
Alright so ive got it sized to fit my body but how do i make the helmet get over my head i dont want to make it look crappy..[attachment=14955:655072.jpg]

Size it according to the actual size of your head. Ignore scaling numbers and all that other nonsense. Also, throw out the idea of a "good fit" for the helmet meaning that your head automatically fits through the opening. If you do it correctly, it almost certainly won't.

The helmet, like the chest, is one of those pieces that is most critical, and therefore deserves the greatest care, skill, and attention to detail that you can give it. Here's how you scale the helmet properly:

Measure the vertical height of your head. This means the completely vertical distance from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head. It works best if you have someone else do this for you. Once you've got that measurement, add roughly 2-4 centimeters (or however much is necessary) to compensate for the padding and what-not that you will put inside the helmet. Once you have both of those numbers, add them, and that's your helmet height, sized perfectly for your own head.

Once you have it sized correctly, you'll need to trim the edges of the helmet opening to allow your head to fit through. Trim this area:

index.php

(Picture credits to Condor)

Hopefully that helps and gets you moving in the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Your head is a lot bigger than your neck. I had toyed with the idea of putting a rubber-like seal around the bottom, than fit to the neck, yet let your head through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back