Skullcandy Girl's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is coming along nicely!! Love the vest! I noticed that a few people use this style. The question I have is how heavy and thick is the vest? I'm just thinking about heat build up.

@ Rally: Get to it mang!

@ Belakor: Aw shanks, hahaha, and for now it looks good... we'll see after I lay down some fiberglass and wait til I get another weekend off when it's not crappy out. I love and hate my neighborhood. It's a preserved upscale joint, so if I look like I'm doing any weird activity (namely something with a can of spray paint) people can flip out and tell me to stop...

@Air Force: Nah bro, it's a pressure suit by Sette, it can be found at pricepoint.com

@ Ronin: Yeah it's really cozy, but I'm sure it's liable to build up heat. It's a meshy material, so it appears ot breathe well, but since it's black, it'll attract the darn sunlight more. It looks cool though ;)

looks nice
oh and so does the armor

lol im messin

great work with that, what scale did you use for the hand plate?

DMtGM

Last edited by a moderator:
Shanks Dark, I haven't been able to work on my Gear for a bit XD

I just scaled the handplates to my height (65 inches).

In side news, I used the heavier Fiberglass Veil on my HD torso and it got a bit... mangled... it also doesn't fit over my underarmor. So learned 2 lessons. Nothing bad, I'll probably build the entire Mjolnir suit, the do the Torso at the end.

And I'll probably be starting my ODST soon :D

Skullcandy Girl heres a hint to using fiberglass that one of the other BSA Leaders from my troop told me. Never use the veil / mat versions of fiberglass its harder to work with and will not be as strong. if you can use the shredded version becouse you can make the fibers go in more then one direction per layer.
Hope that helps

Air_Force_Spartan

HAha yarg XD I do have some shredded Fiberglass... I'm just not sure how to use it :( Do I pour the shreds into the resin I used then apply it? And as far as safety factor, is this stuff more dangerous to use ??

Skullcandy Girl said:
HAha yarg XD I do have some shredded Fiberglass... I'm just not sure how to use it :( Do I pour the shreds into the resin I used then apply it? And as far as safety factor, is this stuff more dangerous to use ??

From what the guy told me when he uses the stuff, when working on cars, he put wet resin on the object and then puts the fiber glass down, over lapping sections, and finishes each layer with a thin coat of resin. as for the safety factor it is just about as safe as using the mat / veil fiberglass, you just use the same safety mesures and take your time.

Good Luck
Air_Force_Spartan

Thats why they use it in cars and boats. Well....Boat builders have a spray that they shoot out onto the mold, its a mix of fiberglass strands and resin, and saves them tons o' time. Downside is, its that much more dangerous. you cant touch it without heavy gloves, or thats gonna stay in your fingers for months. Yeouch :(

yum.....fiberglass strands....

Nice job, SKG. I'm quite new here and I just hope that I can make armor half as nice as yours. Keep up the great work.

Skullcandy Girl said:
underarmor04.jpg

In the words of Borat, "Wawaweewa!"

Oh yeah, nice armor also ;)

Ah haha sorry bout no pics...

Yeah the torso could be salvaged, but the only time I'd wear it, is if I was going for a skin-tastic Femme Spartan. Ahhh learning is fun... and frustrating as F...!!!!

SO I'll probably be building another torso :(

Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat, kinda. I think Im gonna have to rebuild my entire Sniper Rifle because on my lack of resining/glassing experience. Well, practice makes perfect, no?

Ah, learn from the mistakes, and RISE FROM TEH ASHES!!!! lol i had to say it :D

hey, you did it once, you can do it again! i had to redo my torso 3 times (granted, they were different versions) and it still dosent fit me!

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better I'm in the same boat, kinda. I think Im gonna have to rebuild my entire Sniper Rifle because on my lack of resining/glassing experience. Well, practice makes perfect, no?
Indeed Rose! It can be maddening, though we Spartan women never quit ;) Hehe I'm glad to hear ya working on goodies too :D

@ Rvb: Yucky XD But, like I said to Rose, we never quit :)

@Tenacioust: Thank ya, hahah hopefully I don't fudge it up hahaha.

you have to build another torso!? if i had to i would die! because that piece was the hardest one to fiberglass man i dont envy you for that one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back