Skullcandy Girl's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
You look Aw3s0m3!!! Seriously, you do look like a Cyber Ninja, but nothing wrong with that.

The Under Armour Tactical Hood. I have this and I use it for my Cobra Ninja Warrior. Unfortunately my head is so big it leaves a gap on my neck so I have to wear a buff, www.buffusa.com, or balaclava under it. Lucky you don't have the BIG HEAD. :p

The Sette Pressure suit. That's pretty bad @$$. Expensive, but still awesome. I think this would be great for the ODST WETA/ Halo 3. However, that is just my crazy mind at work.

Looks like your armor is coming along nicely. Glad to see thing progressing.

Skullcandy Girl said:
@ Spartan: Thank ya sir :) I work on my armor when I can, I have about 2 months left on the movie and then it's DONE and I get my weekends and nights back. Social life, working-out, beaches, armor, conventions... ahhh it'll be nice to have some free time!! I suck at sewing too, haha never learned XP

Look around for the Heat Gear, I haven't had much luck finding one. I'm assuming with the current war in the Middle east, since it's a desert, the soliders probably bought all of them, poor guys in that damn heat.

[...]

@ Assassin: Thanks for the tips :) I hope I can some how keep drinking a ton of ice water through out the day, dunno if a camel back will fit between the torso and Pressure suit. thanks :D

[...]

Anywho thanks for the suggestion.

Everyone is doing more Pepakura than me, I don't really care, it's not a race.

[...]

You're welcome, lass! ;)

Like you, I very much hope to have a lot of free time soon, so I can actually do something more with my own armour. It bugs me I've only got the helmet done (I got started on that five months ago, oy), and that's not even quite finished. Ugh.

Though I'm not exactly busy with work or anything of that sort at the moment, I've still been uber-busy with other things that have taken up most of my time. Hopefully I'll get those matters all sorted out shortly, so I can focus more on other things I want to do.

I for one will be looking around for the Heat Gear pressure suit. I would like to think that having that on, in conjunction with the internal exhaust fans, would be enough to keep myself cool enough so as not to suffer heat stroke, but who knows.

I am a pretty hot guy, after all:lol:

And as for who's making what faster, you're so right. It's not a contest, as we're all here to achieve the same thing. Don't sweat the small stuff. Your armour will be done when it's done. And, from the look of things, that might not be too far off, relatively speaking :D heh

Anyway, I look forward to any updates on your project in the near future!

P.S., Talk about a momentous occasion! The first time I've ever handed out a dancing kitty to anyone, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Skullcandy Girl said:
underarmor05.jpg

^^Whoa.
Just got a burnin itch to draw somethin besides tech blueprints :) ... That shot is awesome.
Cool pics, cool undersuit pieces, nice job on the torso. It's all lookin very sweet.

Wow that chest and back look very good. I will have to redo my molds so I do not look as bad if I stand near you at D*Con.

Wow is all I can say...

i know its just a joke, come on :p
and i also have the ask a ninja podcast, its frickin hilarious.
as for the last picture, *insert japanese flute music here*, its on.
i just saw the sette pressure suit on pricepoint, but does it have a pair of leggings to go with it? seems wierd with just a top and not a complete suit. whatever. i'll just stick with the under armor for now.

did you get the torso done? those back details took me a whole day, dont know if it did the same for you.

keep up the good work, dont kill any puppies on the way home :ninja:

@ Fightstar: Hahaha ah well, whatever works, works :) GI Joe is sweet. And yeah no boulder dome, sometimes my damn hair dos get in the way XD. Yeah it cost a decent penny, but I hope with my improving forging skillz it will help improve the overall look of my armor :)

@Spartan: Yeah you move down to Cali yet?? All the pressure suits on Pricepoint seem pretty cool :D There will be some level of heat but a nice MC suit is worth it :) HAHAHAH "HOT" Guy whuuuuuuuut huh? Hot men on here, HAH!! I keed I keed!

@Ruze: Thanks Bro :) Ohhhhhh I inspired ya?? it's be dope to see your version of a Ninja :D

@Rob: Well I still have smooth it, etc etc hahahaha so I dunno if you'll be embarassed by me hahahahaha, could be the other way around if I mess up!

@RVB: Ah context can never be clear on here hahahaha XD Ah no kiddo, I only have a few days a month that are free. And tell me about it! Those little details are hard to cut out and fold XD Well I've never bought Donwhill Cycling gear, but this thing seems Pretty High end. Dunno if I need leg plates yet. And thanks, hahah no , no puppies, maybe a pigeon or two....

@ Spartan099: Ohhhh cool, glad you found that you liked it :) I think it's a great deal :D

Skullcandy Girl said:
[...]

Spartan: Yeah you move down to Cali yet?? All the pressure suits on Pricepoint seem pretty cool :D There will be some level of heat but a nice MC suit is worth it :) HAHAHAH "HOT" Guy whuuuuuuuut huh? Hot men on here, HAH!! I keed I keed!

[...]

Nah... haven't moved down there yet. There was a sight change in plans for mid-April, so I won't be heading down until after that. Definately still will be, though :cool:

You're so right about the "nice MC suit" comment, btw. Definately worth the added expense of decent heat gear. :D

BOLD: Heh, thanks... :p lol

Ruze789 said:
^^Whoa.
Just got a burnin itch ....very sweet.

Ruze! :whistle:

looks good, the get up really buffs you up, it will be good under armor, presuming your belly isnt showing on the finished get up :p

Xavier said:
Ruze! :whistle:

looks good, the get up really buffs you up, it will be good under armor, presuming your belly isnt showing on the finished get up :p

Spartan: Oh postponed eh? Bummer. Let's hope everything will be up to snuff so the undersuit isn't what makes my MC suit good hahaha!

@X: HAHAHAHAH oh snap, just pictured a Beer Gutt MC HAHAHAHA. Nah no MC Mid drift for me :)

Skullcandy Girl said:
@X: HAHAHAHAH oh snap, just pictured a Beer Gutt MC HAHAHAHA. Nah no MC Mid drift for me :)

We'll i was trying to word it so it wasnt like beer gutish, but refering to the mid drift. but of course i forgot the proper terminology at the time.

Wow, haven't give this thread a look in a while, and look at what I'm missing...

You're making great progress. Nice bargain find on that pressure suit! I'd jump on it as well, but I'm still trying to beef up funds.

Little tip. Those little details in the pep? (See red circles.) Assemble those first, then build around them. Makes your life a trillion times easier. ;)

[attachment=3726:details.jpg]

(BTW, "douche" is spelled like that. Just FYI. :lol: )

@ Nick: I did build those first. I first put things together with rubber cement, and THEN I got back re-glue/reinforce with hot glue. There are also weeks between builds and gluings, so things don't always hold and the smaller pieces tend to fall off while I handle and turn the armor to attach everything. I appreciate the feedback though:).

Hahah oh well douche, dousche same thing, hahah makes me wonder why you can spell it better :p

Skullcandy Girl said:
Spartan: Oh postponed eh? Bummer. Let's hope everything will be up to snuff so the undersuit isn't what makes my MC suit good hahaha!

[...]

Yeah, my move down there has been temporarily postponed, but for a very good reason, believe me. I'll be heading down soon enough, though :)

And considering how well your armour's coming together, I seriously doubt the undersuit will be the best part of it, lol.

those bumps on the lower back ridge....i completley omitted them, i think they are useless, but just saying, it will make your life easier if you want to cut corners like that, but dont skimp on the shoulder ridges and upper back.

And i better shut my mouth about ninja-ness, you will probably kick my ass :p

Yeah I try not skimp too much, though sometimes it calls for it. Those stupid shoulder pieces fell out XD I also have to find the smaller pieces near the middle, I don't think I cut those pieces out yet... urgh...

I'll probably do the ridges still to just add more support to the back, I worry about crazy warpage.

Looks like you're making good progress SK :)
Your torso is looking very nice, much better than mine did ;) That pressure suit is pretty cool too and for a good price! I had a look for one locally and the best price I could see was $200+ for a kids size one and it was bright red :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back