Skullcandy Girl's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it bites the big one, but could be worse, D*Con could be next week XD It's pretty fun at times though. I get the most pissed when I have a pile of parts and I can't find any of the matching pieces! Turns out Pepakura is really good for the brain too :)

Skullcandy Girl said:
Yeah it bites the big one, but could be worse, D*Con could be next week XD It's pretty fun at times though. I get the most pissed when I have a pile of parts and I can't find any of the matching pieces! Turns out Pepakura is really good for the brain too :)

It is..... Maybe you should try it my way. Who needs the numbers? or the dotted line to point out tabs? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
You yeah already said it, YOU'RE NUTS! I'm the wrong kind of crazy for that stuff... I still can't believe you got it together with NO numbers!

Congrats on the progress so far. Glad to see someone likes to stray from the pack as well on coloring, can't wait to see the flat black MJOLNIR armor. Going for battle damage or some freshly polished? Happy armor making.

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
Congrats on the progress so far. Glad to see someone likes to stray from the pack as well on coloring, can't wait to see the flat black MJOLNIR armor. Going for battle damage or some freshly polished? Happy armor making.

Cheers,
Kensai

Thanks kensai :D I don't follow "looks" per say either hahahaha. I'm going to do some battle damage, some dirt and grim too. hahah I like the idea of a Stealth/Assassin/Ninja Spartan hahahaha!

Sorry to hear about the untimely end of the chest piece, but I know you will build it even better next time. You've got a good eye for detail so it'll be all good!

I totally dig the under armor. Hell, that's an awesome costume in itself! And the pictures made my day XD 405th needs more vogueing!

:)

You should shoot for the Rogue helmet if you are going for the "cyber asssin" look per say. I guess I went for the attention whore look with the bright canary yellow and the manly hardcore battle damage. *sigh* I think I just learned some new things about myself. Ok I admit it, I'm a lonely geek who is nowhere near having any body mass :\

Cheers,
Kensai

stealth or assassin type try the Scout helmet, i havnt really seen anyone with a scout helmet plus it works right into the definition of stealth, scouts recon the area and on some cases might even be assassins that recon and do some dirty work.

@Vex: Thanks so much Ma'am heheheheh I'm such a Ham sometimes :) And thanks for the vote of confidence on my next torso :)

@Kensai & Assassin: Well I have a certain Spartan helmet someone gifted to me I swore to wear, heheheh so it has to be the Spartan perm ;)

hey! i have a scout helmet! oh, wait....its not done :cautious:

So....no luck resurrecting the torso, eh? ah, its no big deal, i guess.

hey SKG, which type of aqua resin fiberglass do you suggest, the veil, cloth, or chopped strands, because im FINALLY able to get it. but i dont know which is stronger/easier to work with.

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you, SKG. My torso piece had been 95% complete for the last 3 months and all this time, I sort of knew that it's won't fit me and been in denial of it. I have finally come to terms with it and now dread having to start over. :cry:

Sorry to here about the chest. I hope you were not on a dead line for anything! Do have any pics of the "gifted" helmet? Black huh? COOOOOL! Spartan Ninja!! :ninja: LOL

Ral Partha said:
Looks like I'm in the same boat as you, SKG. My torso piece had been 95% complete for the last 3 months and all this time, I sort of knew that it's won't fit me and been in denial of it. I have finally come to terms with it and now dread having to start over. :cry:

@Ral:*cries with ya* At least we know what the expect for the second time around. SO darn FRUSTRATING! Least I know now whenever I need to "bulk" up to remember to size up my Peps XD

Ronin: Pics will come once I get a helmet liner and paint it... which will be a bit.

@Squirrley: The fiberglass veil I used was a bit too heavy, so it did a number on the pec plates area... it looks like boobies now :( And I did realize how much bulk my under suit added, so it came out to be too small XP It's hard ot put together, though you modeled the best torso out there :)

Sorry for still not posting pics of my dumb torso. My typical mantra, I'm busy as heck!

do you cut the veil into strips, or just place it down and have it cut to the shape of what ever you're glassing...er aquaing :/

rachciav said:
do you cut the veil into strips, or just place it down and have it cut to the shape of what ever you're glassing...er aquaing :/

I cut the veil into small strips. I lay down a glaze of the Aqua Resin, then I place the veil into the resin as it's still wet, then I use a paint brush and paint it right onto the veil until it gets a good coating. This is partly why the heavy veil warped my torso. This is best best way though(for me at least). The veil is like cotton candy when it's wet, it pulls apart easily, but it gets all over your gloves and it can be annoying. The medium thickness is also lighter once it dries :)

ooooh ok. now i understand. cause i thought you just cut it to the shape, and laid it down all at once. thanks!

rachciav said:
ooooh ok. now i understand. cause i thought you just cut it to the shape, and laid it down all at once. thanks!

Hahah nah, that woulda been too hard, and I probably would have ended up with A LOT of fiberglass splinters. And be VERY careful, the veil is great, but you can get plenty of splinters >:\ I'm still finding em, even after a month since I handle my poopie torso. You'll have to do some light sanding, a be sure to be outside with a respirator and eye protection on when you do sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back