Skullcandy Girl's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you've been so busy helping us you really need to get back on the ball and finish up that armor. Can't wait to see the matte black paintjob chika.

Offtopic: I finally got a chance to check out DBP, great job on the animation. I'm especially interested who did your After Effects opening. My new webseries is coming out and I haven't designed the intro yet... *cough* :)

Cheers,
Kensai

@Bevbor: Thanks. Nope, not trips to L.A., haha too expensive X{

@Kensai: Thanks for watching. Yeah I did all the animation and design work. I don't do pro-bono Motion GFX though, sorry :(

@Killa: hahah thanks :D

@Ronin: Thank ya sir :D I hope my suit turns out as well as yours did!

so youre basically gonna be Belakor's female equivalent? :p great undersuit, i can only hope to source that kinda body armour here down under. any progress on your other bits and pieces? or is it only the handplates finished to date?

Check the thread, she has some stuff semi-done.
They do look remarkably similar to the legendary handplates, as if that was a bad thing :p

the weather has been fairly crappy as of late to our area, i dont know about NYC that much, but it seems the same. But, you dont really have to use aqua resin outdoors, where as i cant even bring my stuff inside....

tl;dr, nice work.

Yeah between work etc etc I haven't had much of a chance to do a lot. I don't do any kind of fiberglassing inside. SO it's been a bit slow. I've got the cod, busa chest, busa biceps, another helmet, and biceps close to completion and I've been helping out afew people :) Group effort FTW. Now it's just the boots, shins and thighs then straps, painting etc and I'm golden.

@Stoph: hahahah I think so. Belakor has good taste in color hehe. YEah I'm not sure of the models etc that are available in your neck of zee woods :(

RVB: Yeah I have a couple pieces, some were messed up do to my lack of ability, thankfully the more I learn the less mistakes(ie rushing) the better my stuff looks.

Yeah they're L.A. handplates, no crappy remarks allowed. Jealousy is a bad trait, and that's not directed to you rvb.

@Microbe: Thanks :) I learned some new painting and weathering techniques :D

I'm sure you're used to hearing a question like this, but do you ever feel like your helmet is larger than it should be compared to the rest of your armor? Even though you've scaled it properly a dozen times? I really like the work on yours so far. I'm in the process of switching mine up from Spartan-117 to Spartan-029.

Well, I am anxiously awaiting some pics of the Busa perms you just mentioned!! So you better show me or I will cry!! o_O

@Spartan26: SHanks :D
@SPartan029: Eh even when Iwear it it seems big, ut in relation to everything else, it may not be so bad... I'm a tiny girl hahahah big armor always looks weird without under armor XP

@Wet: HAhahah I will Wet, the only thing I have put together is the Busa chest... everything else is pieces... the shoulder armor is a bit of an annoying build since it's all closed, though I am thankful for them. I have build most of it so I can see what pieces are the backs so I don't glue them together, thus negating fibgerglassing... HURGH XD

Kool. I just want to make sure I'm not being my own worst critic. (I'm an artist. It's what I do). I look forward to seeing the completed product. Good luck

@ Spartan029- I hear ya bro, I do the same thing. YA just gotta grin and bear it and remember if you're new or experience at this kinda thing :)

all i can say is WOW :eek: awsome suit and pics :D a real poser i wish mine was going this well starting agen cause of major warping :( gonna try flying squirels instead of danni's should be better with the supports i think
SC keep up the awsome work looks great ( wish mine did )

It'll be cool if i ever go to D con cuz i wont even have to travel! im really close to there. is it downtown or what? im not going, but i just want to know. i think im too young of an armor builder to go. :cry: :( :mad: :mad: :( :cry:

ah, so you wanted to surprise us at D*Con? well, what about those who arent going to d*con this year? I would have wanted to see your suit, but you keeping us in the dark makes us sad. thanks :p

oh well, send us some pictures.

Skullcandy Girl said:
Haha thanks Grave :) I haven't updated this thread cause I wanted to debut at D*Con. AHman I'm learning a lot a long the way XD

i know your a moderator. but are you a noob? like, is this your first armor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back