Skyrim Pepakura Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question:

About those wings on the Ebony helmet or the Nord Plate Helmet: Does anyone know of a best way to harden these? They would seem difficult, if not impossible, to harden with fiberglass or rondo because of how thin they are (I believe they might actually be enclosed,therefore further complicating the situation). I would expect people to experience the same predicament with weapons too, swords and guns alike. I mean, I've seen expanding foam and rondo, but other than that I haven't really come across a "Best Method"

I'm currently rondo'ing my particular ebony helm that I made. I'm not using his model, so I'm not sure if he combined the meshes or not. The game as them as separate objects but I boolean'd them together. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok, I will try to go over this one more time. It seems like every ten pages or so I have to go over this. Here is the technique I use, and I tend to use it a lot. For pieces that are small but enclosed, I just resin them completely and leave them open internally. For example, the Orcish daggers file I created works quite well for this. I wouldn't recommend doing it for bigger objects, but smaller ones seem to work out quite well. Trial and error really.

As for the Ebony Helm, I did leave them unattached like in the game. However, I would use resin to attach them or even hot glue. Hot glue would work for those who don't want to wait and hold the piece as the resin dries. I use resin because once it dries the seal is stronger than the hot glue will ever be. I would also just resin the flaps once they are built and enclosed.

Simple. With them unattached, people can create slightly different versions of the same helmet. You know, add some personal flair. Have fun with your projects and don't forget to experiment.

I'm currently rondo'ing my particular ebony helm that I made. I'm not using his model, so I'm not sure if he combined the meshes or not. The game as them as separate objects but I boolean'd them together. I'll let you know how it goes.

Okay cool!

Ok, I will try to go over this one more time. It seems like every ten pages or so I have to go over this. Here is the technique I use, and I tend to use it a lot. For pieces that are small but enclosed, I just resin them completely and leave them open internally. For example, the Orcish daggers file I created works quite well for this. I wouldn't recommend doing it for bigger objects, but smaller ones seem to work out quite well. Trial and error really.

As for the Ebony Helm, I did leave them unattached like in the game. However, I would use resin to attach them or even hot glue. Hot glue would work for those who don't want to wait and hold the piece as the resin dries. I use resin because once it dries the seal is stronger than the hot glue will ever be. I would also just resin the flaps once they are built and enclosed.

Simple. With them unattached, people can create slightly different versions of the same helmet. You know, add some personal flair. Have fun with your projects and don't forget to experiment.

I'm sorry Zombie, I'll be sure to read more carefully next time. I kinda have a bad habit of skimming too fast and missing things...

I was just confused on how and wondering what methods there were to hardening thin pieces like the wings on the helmets. Like I pepped an M6C pistol and a combat knife. For the pistol all I did was coat it in resin 3 times, and it's still pretty flimsy. For the knife, I used Popsicle sticks on the inside and resined the inside and outside. It's still a little weak too. Is there a way that would get the pieces nice and solid?

Wont let me donwload

Anyway you can email these to me in a zip file please I'd be very much appreated kind sir. Thank you.

Thank you very much for this files !!
Could make the Steel Armor set and the Elven Armor set please ? I love the design of the torso and shoulders in particular.
Thanks

Okay cool!
I put an extra coat of resin on the outside, just in case.
This is my first rondo, and I'm not sure I used the right materials given the harden time. I used Bondo Plastic Metal in the mix, and it hardened alright but slowly. Getting the helm supported without bending the wings was difficult, but fortunately heatgunning them back into shape seemed to work.

The wings are still flexible if you put weight on them, but seem solid enough to work with. Flexing them back and forth made a poping noise, but it turn out that was the fiberglass in the section right below that. I might want to reinforce that.
Check my thread in the noob forum if you need to see it.

Does this exist yet? :). (Dawn guard helmet)

776845319b049a95cfd9f1965ee511ce.jpg

This is probably the best resource for Skyrim pep on the internet... nay, the whole world. Well done, and thank you Zombie. I'm a n00b here still, but I know I will be trying my hand at some of the files here. The recently unfolded Ebony set (when I'm more confident).

Awesome stuff zombiegrimm! If you're still considering unfolding models. I put a vote in for the Banded Iron Shield!

All I have to say is thank you zobiegrimm! im currently working on the Daedric armor st and im finishing up the dragon skull that you put up here. I will post pics soon so you can see.

I have to ask though, what is the average heigh/width of the person the Ebony armour is set up for? If it's for a person around around 170-175 cm / 5' 7" - 5' 9" tall, I wouldn't have to bother much about scaling the model

I apologize I haven't been on lately. Things have been hectic around my house, and not for the better. I am in the middle of working on Dragonplate armor for unfolding. Hopefully, I should have that released before the 25th.

Other models, I plan to do in time, again it just takes time, and recently things have been crazy so everything is just nuts. I plan to give Glass armor a try, but it will be down the road a little. Still working on Dragonplate at the moment. I dont have a default scaling for anyone, so I warn everyone to scale the model before printing. However, there have been a few people who didn't scale the model and it fit them fine.

I recently had a family member go into the hospital due to heart related issues so it has taken its toll. Things here have been a bit harder because things do not look good. So, I apologize for not being here as often as I would have liked, just trying to deal with family issues. Again, I do hope to have files for the Dragonplate armor released before the 25th.

Sad news... You don't have to apologize Zombiegrimm, family is the most important thing in life ! More than some pep files ! I hope that your family member will get better soon...
And thanks again for sharing your fantastic work with us.

Sad news... You don't have to apologize Zombiegrimm, family is the most important thing in life ! More than some pep files ! I hope that your family member will get better soon...
And thanks again for sharing your fantastic work with us.

Fully agree with you.

@zombie - dude you release your files at your OWN pace, it's your thread and your unfolds, your free to do what you like!
Any reason is good enough for me.

And other people, nagging is not the answer, he's most likely to unfold all the armor, k

Fully agree with you.

@zombie - dude you release your files at your OWN pace, it's your thread and your unfolds, your free to do what you like!
Any reason is good enough for me.

And other people, nagging is not the answer, he's most likely to unfold all the armor, k

Agreed Zombie this is a service that you're doing for us at no cost or repayment required from us. You take care of your personal life and family first that's what's most important. The pepfiles can always be finished at another date.

I recently had a family member go into the hospital due to heart related issues so it has taken its toll. Things here have been a bit harder because things do not look good. So, I apologize for not being here as often as I would have liked, just trying to deal with family issues. Again, I do hope to have files for the Dragonplate armor released before the 25th.

No need to apologize to us, we all appreciate your contributions and hope everything goes well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back