Small thing you realize about Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPRTNBD50

My thought, Emile is Left Handed!
-He Sharpens his Kukri with his Left Hand
-Kukri on Right Shoulder making him wield it with his Left Hand
-Breacher forearm attachment on Right Hand so he takes it and loads Shotgun with Left Hand

So...what do you notice?!

Not really a small thing, and not really model related (well, a bit):

In ODST, Buck is voiced by Nathan Fillion, and his model is based off of him. Now I'm sure most people noticed this, but what some people DON'T know is that Dutch is voiced by Adam Baldwin (who plays Jayne Cobb) and Mickey is voiced by Alan Tudyk (who plays Wash). AS an avid Firefly fan, this fact alone mad the game awesome :D

Jayne: "Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Dutch is the essential opposite of Jayne, but Mickey and Wash are the same guy. And, well, Buck and Mal are the exact same person. (Down to the point I had a dream about a UNSC frigate dropping out of slip right off Serenity's stern and sending an ODST squad to board the ship, led by the former. And the shenanigans that followed)

I actually have a very interesting nugget about Buck. Most of us know he was voiced by Nathan Fillion. But what most of us don't remember is another of Nathan Fillion's memorable roles. He actually played the "wrong" Pvt. Ryan in Saving Private Ryan, the guy who breaks down crying thinking that his brother in grammar school has been killed. I loved that scene!

Don't know how many of you already knew that, but I found it interesting!

^that just made be blow my mind. I just watched a part of it and that scene a month ago and didn't even recognize him. WTF. I am a HUGE Castle fan and watched Serenity. I feel dumb.

Not really a small thing, and not really model related (well, a bit):

In ODST, Buck is voiced by Nathan Fillion, and his model is based off of him. Now I'm sure most people noticed this, but what some people DON'T know is that Dutch is voiced by Adam Baldwin (who plays Jayne Cobb) and Mickey is voiced by Alan Tudyk (who plays Wash). AS an avid Firefly fan, this fact alone mad the game awesome :D

I agree I'm a huge Firefly fan and when ODST came out and I saw who the voices were I was stoked. Also Tricia Helfner was the voice of Veronica Dare and she is from another show I'm obsessed with Battlestar Galactica.

I actually have a very interesting nugget about Buck. Most of us know he was voiced by Nathan Fillion. But what most of us don't remember is another of Nathan Fillion's memorable roles. He actually played the "wrong" Pvt. Ryan in Saving Private Ryan, the guy who breaks down crying thinking that his brother in grammar school has been killed. I loved that scene!

Don't know how many of you already knew that, but I found it interesting!

I JUST realized that as well!!

Also, Nathan Fillion is in the Halo 3 campain... And he introduces himself as Cpt. Reynolds... Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Would the whole Halo story itself, be a bit scientologist? The way i understand it, humanity is the decesndents of the forerunners. Which is why only we can activate halo, plus Spark mentions it i Halo 3. Correct me if i am wrong, scientology is the belief that humans came from aliens, or something like that, right?

Would the whole Halo story itself, be a bit scientologist? The way i understand it, humanity is the decesndents of the forerunners. Which is why only we can activate halo, plus Spark mentions it i Halo 3. Correct me if i am wrong, scientology is the belief that humans came from aliens, or something like that, right?

Negatory. Read Halo: Cryptum to learn the relationship between Human and Forerunner.

Actually, he's Sergeant Reynolds in Halo 3, which makes it even better.

MASTER CHIEF IS TOM CRUISE?

Actually the voice of Master Chief is Steve Downes.

I realized that somehow spartans can fall from orbit and get up and fight, after having their armour unlocked and such, but falling 50 feet will kill them. well in a few of the games at least.

Actually the voice of Master Chief is Steve Downes.

I realized that somehow spartans can fall from orbit and get up and fight, after having their armour unlocked and such, but falling 50 feet will kill them. well in a few of the games at least.
I know that. My statement was a clever and crude jab at Tom Cruise, who is a known Scientologist, in light of the post about how Halo parallels the Church of Scientology.

Anyway, take note: falling 1000 feet onto the road below this building won't hurt me, but if I jump into the 3 feet of water, right next to it, I will die a quick and painless death.

THE PAIN OF BEING A SPARTAN

Would the whole Halo story itself, be a bit scientologist? The way i understand it, humanity is the descendents of the forerunners. Which is why only we can activate halo, plus Spark mentions it i Halo 3. Correct me if i am wrong, Scientology is the belief that humans came from aliens, or something like that, right?

Scientology is more about people who believe humans are descendants of immortal beings, like gods rather than extraterrestrials. And thay can do some crazy stuff lol. The story is more in line with ideas of Ancient Alien Theorists who belive in interactions between humans and aliens in the past thousands of years. The push behind it being the large amount of seemingly insurmountable evidence in ancient writings, depictions and story's that can seem identical to today's idea of alien technology and technology we have today that even coincides to something thousands of years old. As close as it gets to the belief that humans are descendant of aliens is the story's of immaculate conception in religions history and that the god believed to do it was more an alien and had artificially fertilized the woman in an experiment or to cross breed.

Some theories sound almost ridicules but on the other hand some are almost too good to be true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back