Smilie120's AR (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilie120

Sr Member
Ok, untill I get the manequin head and clay to start my helm, I need somthing to satisfy me from dying of bordness, I tired a pepakur a AR recently, but it eats paper even when you trim the parts and space them. Also the halo 3 AR has over 5000 faces :S. so I decided to build my own.

This is the template I created for the AR.
myartemplatelv0.jpg

I basicly enlarged this AR Drawing By x70 (I figured this out with help from the guns length, and heigth)
ma5ctt4ul2.png

The templates is about 70cm, wich is 16cm shorter than the actual gun, so its quit big, but not to small.

Please comment if you think the templates is ok, otherwise it could throw everything off course.

Work begins on sunday (BECAUSE im satingo over my friends house who has a 360! and halo3 with live :p)

Ok -=Progress=-

I started on the weapon yesterday and I have done quite a bit.

dsc01000gb4.jpg

heres the AR in comparison to the template

and heres the details on the handle.
dsc01001iv3.jpg

-=Progress=-
Ive started detailing the lower part of the rifle

Im happy with the results. layering the cardboard gives awsome detail :p. I ythnik if i carry on like this it could be one of the best ar's. As I said its 70cm long (excluding barell). I am aware that the fron looks blocky ad square thats because I havent put the handle in. More pics to come soon!

--smilie120

BTW FEEL FREE 2 COMMENT!

-=Progress=-

Image Hosting by PicTiger

Ok im thinking of changing the fron handle because it doesent look halo3'ish, and is quite low quality compared to the rest of the gun. But not that anyone cares because ive had literaly 0 postes here. Also i have to try find my maglite for the front, but apart from the handle i think it turned out quite good :p. Oh and i got a magazine done btw.

Hey Smilie, looking good!

My only suggestion is on the front grip, you have the little tab things, the "grip" things, you want to shorten them down a bit so they don't run to the top of the grip, then bevel them outwards so they stick out more like they should.

Otherwise its lookin awesome :D .

-Doom

Doom said:
Hey Smilie, looking good!

My only suggestion is on the front grip, you have the little tab things, the "grip" things, you want to shorten them down a bit so they don't run to the top of the grip, then bevel them outwards so they stick out more like they should.

Otherwise its lookin awesome :D .

-Doom

Thanx doom! And thats exactly what I intended to do ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it.

AWESOME!!!! :D I like the way it looks, how much cardboard did you need to make one?
And what are the dimensions?

awesome AWESOME TO THE MAX.......................i want to try makin tghe oldschool halo 1 ar. i loved that the most

Woah Smilie! That's looking awesome!
Can't wait to see further development on this (y)
You planning on glassing/bondo'ing it?

Yeah definatly bondoing the helm. It looks ok from the side but I binned it because it was to skinny/lank at the front, il get pics of new helmet soon I just gt 2 detail it 1st :p

Yeah I might bondo a bit of the ar in places...Im gunna try a pep ODST helm too. Cuz i suck at making helmets lol

Your helmet totally pwns mine... Why'd you throw it out? That wasn't bad. All you had to do is fix the top front.

Friendly said:
Your helmet totally pwns mine... Why'd you throw it out? That wasn't bad. All you had to do is fix the top front.

I didnt like it. Lol im a perfectionist. But il do a pepakura 1 because its more acurate. and il start on the body soon (out of cardboard)

Last edited by a moderator:
that odst helmet is ok its not horrible but any eays nice man thats awsome i tried making one and it lokked like it was like three inches... :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back