Smoothon Moldmax Rubber Silicone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MxRacer476

Jr Member
Hey guys,

I am going to be ordering some SmoothCast 321 for my peps of my IM helm & my MC helm for the insides. I plan to bodyshop & mold these. I wont do the brush mold, instead I have access to laminated press-board so I plan to man a box mold, & pour the silicone in for the master. My question is the TRIAL SIZES obviously are not going to cut it to pour a cavity style mold, so would the trial size be enough for a brush on mold with a plaster or FG jacket? I am tryin to make up my mind, I think the BOX type would be easier to store (stacking) but I know the cost would be higher in most silicone used. I tried searching and reading since joining and cannot really find this answer. Thanks. As for the SmoothCast I plan to buy a big jug of it just to have for when I will make copies. Thanks in advance for all answers & insight. If I have over looked something I greatly appologize, but as you can see from my join date I have put some time and effort into hunting without just asking like most do! Thanks guys, glad to bring my fabrication skills to the forum!!! Coming from the custom car audio business with FG & CF I should be able to offer some insight here too!!

Thanks,

Ryan

You won't have enough to make a thick mold. But you could probably get a few casts out before it starts to tare.

You'll need like 4 layers and the trial kit won't be enough.

You should get 2 trial kits of rebound 25 that should cut it.

Its already brush on.

I agree just go with the brush on stuff there's no fighting it. :) I did it a different way but still brush on, just urethane. :)

I know sillicone caulking is compatable with rebound 25. If doing a few pulls, you might be able to get away with 2 layers of rebound, then layer caulk to build it up. I'm going to be testing it out soon... not sure how well it will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back