so are we nerds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder... why does everybody want to justify being a nerd with "great skill" or something like that? Can't a nerd just be a nerd? I don't see any athletes talking about how sports affect their physique and stamina like this.

Actually venture... they do, and a majority of them. I dont know why anyone cares if they are a nerd... the only thing that makes you a nerd is how other people perceeve you, if you dont want to be a nerd dont be seen as one.

I wonder... why does everybody want to justify being a nerd with "great skill" or something like that? Can't a nerd just be a nerd? I don't see any athletes talking about how sports affect their physique and stamina like this.

Nerd:
–noun Slang .
an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit: a computer nerd.

No doubt it's got many a meaning by now, but if I remember right this was the original one, back in the day.

I guess you could call this nerdy, but I don't mind. I love making armor, and I've seen some great armor around here. Some people think our armor is cool, so I guess it depends on who you ask.

Actually venture... they do, and a majority of them.

Well, of course a lot of them will give you reasons like this, but they don't add them right away. When asked about his hobbies, somebody who does sports will say something like "I play soccer twice a week." A prop-building nerd on the other hand will say: "I build props. Yeah, I know, it's a really weird, nerdy hobby, but... [reasons]". The difference is that, although everybody loves the results, according to this thread, the average nerdy prop-builder still is concerned that people might not like it. Or him. I've never seen anybody feel that way about sports or any other common hobby.

Nerd:
–noun Slang .
an intelligent but single-minded person obsessed with a nonsocial hobby or pursuit: a computer nerd.

No doubt it's got many a meaning by now, but if I remember right this was the original one, back in the day.

I like Wikipedia's description: "Nerd is a term that refers to a person who avidly pursues intellectual activities, technical or scientific endeavors, esoteric knowledge, or other obscure interests, rather than engaging in more social or conventional activities. It often carries a derogatory connotation or stereotype."

Last edited by a moderator:
so are we nerds? yep we are and who gives a damnheres a term i found, An 'individual', i.e. a person who does not conform to society's beliefs that all people should follow trends and do what their peers do. Often highly intelligent but socially rejected because of their obesssion with a given subject, usually computers

^Speak for yourself, dweeb.

You're only a nerd if you don't function in society. Being obese and having no fashion sense is fine, until you walk outside wearing grossly disproportionate paper-mache Hayabusa armor.

listen if you dont have too be hear i mean if your here to bash like you did on this post or mine well thats more of the moderators thing but just be nice remember you hear by choice and bashing is NOT allowed and it isnt nice. thank you.

Is that self-diagnosed?

aspies like you get ruined in school because you use your conditions as an excuse to be unlikeable.

diagnosed while i was in a phsyc ward for bipolar depression and i only tell me close friends about the aspergers and i actually want to be liked

I used to be have mania and depression. All you have to do is eat pills for a year or three and develop an attitude. If you want to be liked, you have to understand how to operate with people.

Wasn't bipolar. But it wasn't really that bad at all, I was just a wannabe non-conformist. Then I got tired of all the appointments and drugs so I acted like I was better. The key to success is to fake a personality for when people are around. A charade. There's a time and a place for being a dork.

im bipolar........ if your bipolar you cant just prentend and it doenst go away........ unless you are confucius uneed meds otherwise its the physc ward because it can get destuctive if its really bad..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back