Some Noob questions (with crappy video XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioDelta

So i have a lot of questions on howstuff to use. So instead of ranting i made a crappy video for them. Sorry for the crappyness but my light bulds blew out.

Here are the close up's on what i got
HNI_0010.jpg

HNI_0009.jpg

HNI_0007.jpg

HNI_0008.jpg

HNI_0006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I have to say I prefer written questions. They're easier to skim and don't require a minute of introduction and another minute of outroduction :)

Anyway...

• Yes, you can use that resin. The Bondo brand belongs to 3M, so it's probably the exact same stuff anyway. (Not that the brand matters... :))
  • Whether your filler is good depends on what you want to do with it. Bondo glass is stronger than normal Bondo, but harder to sand. You can use this nicely to make Rondo, but for filling holes, you might be better off with the one that is not reinforced with fibres, especially if you want to sand by hand.

you probably want to return the bondo glass unless you want to use it on the inside, get automotive filler by bondo. the resin and mat is okay, one more thing, 3M makes bondo brand so their okay

thanks for the input guys XD. So i tried to return it but they said i couldnt. Should i still try and use it for the outside?

Bondo is a brand, i would say do not use in on the outside, it is like fiber glassing the outside of you armor, since you cannot return it, put it on the in side to strengthen it

I used the word as a proper noun, describing a body filler - that is just what you can (and are supposed to) use it for: filling. Fibreglassing is way stronger than this.

I used the word as a proper noun, describing a body filler - that is just what you can (and are supposed to) use it for: filling. Fibreglassing is way stronger than this.

bondo glassis is bono mixed with fiber glass so if he uses that on the out side, he mite as well fiber glass the outside

One thing fiberglass cloth is the one that sucks for corners, fiberglass mat is better for corners. The cloth is woven into sheets where as the mat is more free and easier to push into corners. I would suggest using the cloth for larger flat areas and some mat for corners and details to reduce the chance of air pockets. As for the bondo you have it is great for building up areas that have sank but regular bondo is much easier to sand and gives you a better finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back