Somebody Hacked The Costuming Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this seems so familiar to something that happened to me on a vent server a long time ago we didnt give a guy admin and he messed the server up. all over the fact that we would let him have power. after a while he just forgot i think this is how this will play out we just have to wait till the jerks forget about us and go after someone else

I know you are all thinking it was me. I can assure you it was not. Had I known this event occured I would not have made this account. I apologize to this community for the confusion, I was not meaning to offend anyone and I apologize to all I have offended. I understand if this account if banned, for I would do the same. Though, I want to assure this community I had nothing to do with the hacking of your site. I once again apologize for the confusion.

Haha, that gave me a chuckle Rube.

From my view there just going WoW Clans UNITE against a forum. That did nothing to them..

Hold on, let's look at this realistically. They can delete wiki pages. That's it. There's no point in continuing this discussion.

Also, just to let you folks know, the wiki does not have a trojan, or a virus, or anything of that nature. If you did get one, it's from another site, not the wiki. This guy that's deleting the pages does not know how to embed a trojan onto a wiki. I can guarantee that.

Here's my suggestion. Everybody ignore this, and if Adam has any news, he'll post it.

halo is gay in the buthole said:
I know you are all thinking it was me. I can assure you it was not. Had I known this event occured I would not have made this account. I apologize to this community for the confusion, I was not meaning to offend anyone and I apologize to all I have offended. I understand if this account if banned, for I would do the same. Though, I want to assure this community I had nothing to do with the hacking of your site. I once again apologize for the confusion.

You didn't mean to offend anyone, having taken the username "halo is gay in the buthole". Erm, no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Cooper said:
You didn't mean to offend anyone, having taken the username "halo is gay in the buthole". Erm, no.

I didn't know how serious some people took halo

Spartan137 said:
My god...

Did we...

Did we just receive death threats from the Yakuza?!

$#!T GUYS, I THINK THEY'VE FOUND M-

Heh, this is actually rather entertaining. If they're stupid enough to post their allegiance with a known crime syndicate, they're either one of two things.

1. Retarded, and not aware that they can get arrested for association.

2. 10 years old.

This'll make for an interesting fight.

But in the mean time, I agree with the statement that we should probably close up the forum registration for the time being.

I think it's probably just a WoW clan named after the Yakuza, not an actual gang. =P

Ahh, the intelligence of some people is astounding somtimes.

Yes, Adam is a horrible person. Selflessly creating an entire website to help people make armor and giving people like us a place not unlike home. And he is just going to re-type it all for this guy. I can see Adam's true colors now too.

Too bad there isn't a place where all techniques for making armor are stored in one place. You know, maybe a websi-Oh wait....

rube said:
That's one of Life's great mysteries. How do people this stupid live long enough to breed?

Paging Dr. Darwin! There's a problem with one of your theories.

They live long enough to breed because there are laws preventing us from killing them. That's how we would've solved this problem in the old days....

Coming to understand that no matter where you go, Drama is always going to follow...

Drama is like Karma, the more good karma you get the bigger buildup of bad karma is going to proceed.

Common example: Adam, Creator of all that is Halo Armor building, creates a great website like this that is to benefit all!!! Idiot #1 (Wont say names but we know who) decides to ask for his blessing and then gets denied because everything is already created for his benefit, but he wants a short cut. Due to this he throws a fit and gets minions to try and attack the great website but they are failing!

Moral of the story: THERE ARE NO SHORT CUTS IN LIFE!!!!

Simple as that... *Hears Crickets chirping*

Chris Gold

I knew that there were some strange people on the interwebs...but spending hours destroying work that amazing, dedicated people have created for a community...Is it even possible to sink any lower? If this guy wants a Lamborghini so bad...perhaps he should get off his backside, go to work and earn it, eh?!

This just shows how much the 405th sticks together through thick and thin!

Picture says it all about this guy.

epic_fail.jpg

ponchato said:
Hold on, let's look at this realistically. They can delete wiki pages. That's it. There's no point in continuing this discussion.

Also, just to let you folks know, the wiki does not have a trojan, or a virus, or anything of that nature. If you did get one, it's from another site, not the wiki. This guy that's deleting the pages does not know how to embed a trojan onto a wiki. I can guarantee that.

Here's my suggestion. Everybody ignore this, and if Adam has any news, he'll post it.

Well let's test that theory... I went to the Wiki when this was first posted... and yep, my norton tagged and deleted a virus, Trojan run334... I was then redirected to a malware scan site where a "false" scan started. It stated if I wanted to clean my computer to buy this product... I closed the explorer, ran a real scan and cleaned my registery. I went back to the wiki, (with a clean computer mind you) and again another virus was detected both by norton and AVG advanced, Malware tracker and trackic redirect... So yes to are wrong... If you can edit the wiki, you can pull a file, embed anything you want to a file, and then reload it. It will then infect any user attempting to access the site or file. I was not the only person to get this same massage and redirect... I did get onto wiki today after the recovery and downloaded all the files that were still there. As for you Guarantee, keep it, to me it sounds like you are side with them and assisting in this issue.

Wiki serves a good purpose, if you don't use it then it might not be that big a deal to you, but don't dismiss the other members need for it as not important. By that thinking you probably support book burning, and deminished educating in schools...

xxFemaleSpartanxx said:
I knew that there were some strange people on the interwebs...but spending hours destroying work that amazing, dedicated people have created for a community...Is it even possible to sink any lower? If this guy wants a Lamborghini so bad...perhaps he should get off his backside, go to work and earn it, eh?!

This just shows how much the 405th sticks together through thick and thin!

Picture says it all about this guy.

epic_fail.jpg

Haha I laughed, but you're right. I've never really seen most of the forum members "unite". Its like a giant get-together!

*trying to stay positive here =] *

EDIT: Just visited the Wiki, no trojans!!

halo is gay in the buthole said:
I didn't know how serious some people took halo

It's not that. I have a buddy that likes the armor designs in Halo, but doesn't care much for the game itself.

It's just that when you create a username like that for yourself, it automatically flags you as a possible troll, someone just here to instigate trouble. Can you think of another reason you'd want to have "Halo is gay in the buthole" in every post you make, on a halo costuming site, other than to provoke a response? If so, please explain it, because I can't think of anything.

The idea here is to create a community, it says so in the title. We can't nurture an inviting community by allowing hostile usernames. Referring to anything as "gay in the buthole" in a post, much less your username, would make you suspect.

If you have an opinion on the faults of Halo (of which there are many), you can by all means share it in the General Discussion or Halo Universe forums. A blanket statement that it's "gay in the buthole" does not foster constructive discussion.

I hope you can understand that the issues with your username is not because people are so serious about halo that they're offended you don't like it and must ban you. It's because your username shows a lack of respect for your fellow human being. It's no more appropriate than me walking into a movie theater just to shout out that it sucks.

I was going to put what Trooper said. Who wants to refer to someone's work as that.

Yeah, what the hell would be the point of making a life size Lambo.. It probably would take more time to do that than actual work, not to mention the $$$ it would take to build and get the stuff together.

Makes no sense.

HaloFreakX said:
what the hell would be the point of making a life size Lambo.. It probably would take more time to do that than actual work, not to mention the $$$ it would take to build and get the stuff together

Y'know why it's a Lamborghini they're asking for right? Because they saw this when it hit the tubes 6 months ago and remembered it when they opened up Pepakura for the first time. "I bet that's how that guy made that Lamborghini, we can has!"

That's all I'm gonna say in here. I'm not gonna pay this trolls toll.

Newspartancreator said:
Well let's test that theory... I went to the Wiki when this was first posted... and yep, my norton tagged and deleted a virus, Trojan run334... I was then redirected to a malware scan site where a "false" scan started. It stated if I wanted to clean my computer to buy this product... I closed the explorer, ran a real scan and cleaned my registery. I went back to the wiki, (with a clean computer mind you) and again another virus was detected both by norton and AVG advanced, Malware tracker and trackic redirect... So yes to are wrong... If you can edit the wiki, you can pull a file, embed anything you want to a file, and then reload it. It will then infect any user attempting to access the site or file. I was not the only person to get this same massage and redirect... I did get onto wiki today after the recovery and downloaded all the files that were still there. As for you Guarantee, keep it, to me it sounds like you are side with them and assisting in this issue.

Wiki serves a good purpose, if you don't use it then it might not be that big a deal to you, but don't dismiss the other members need for it as not important. By that thinking you probably support book burning, and deminished educating in schools...

Sorry, I didn't mean it to be so crude. Regarding the virus, I was wrong, sorry. What I meant with the 'Let's just ignore it' idea, is that it only takes a few seconds to change the page back to what it was before it got vandalized. If (if; I don't know for sure) the person that's been vandalizing the page found this thread, he'll see all of the replies and think to himself 'Hahaha, troll wins! I bet I could make them even more angry by doing x.' Trolls used to piss me off really easily, but once a person understands what trolls do (get attention by evoking emotion) it's really easy to beat them.

Again, sorry for my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back