Someone Please help i've been trying for hours

GoodGuyWooper

So I'm planning on making a set of Reaper armor that i found on one of the forums. Only issue is i'm trying to make them a foam pattern and i've been trying for at least 8 hours. i can't figure out how to do this and haven't found any helpful tutorials yet if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it.

Attachments

nerdman234

Jr Member
(This is assuming you understand the basics of split/merge)
When breaking down a file and converting it to foam, I usually try to start by removing all of the pieces that are thinner than my material (foam in your case). Then I find any overlaps and remove anything under the top layer unless I think multiple layers are needed. For example, you could have two layers of the same piece and dremel or cut in details. I also try to merge the pieces into the largest pieces (symmetric for each side) I can to aid in assembly. Drag the unneeded pieces out of the print (white) area and organize the pieces in a way that suits your liking. I usually prefer to organize pieces according to their proximity in the 3D model.
This a very time consuming process and it will take a few different approaches to make it work in practice.

Edit: Found the link for the Pepakura Tutorial: http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=41225