Something scary happened to a family friend last night..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how it is in the city so much having only lived there for the last couple years, but growing up out in the sticks there were only 4 main ways people showed up uninvited to your house. 1. Farmer whose cattle got loose/Hunter interested in hunting your place, 2. People who broke down on the Highway, 3. Police investigating missing cattle/meth-heads etc., OR 4. People trying to rob/kill you

And since it took the police almost half an hour to get to you once they deployed, you really didn't have time to wait around if you had #4.

So all that being said, I say that the robber had a gun and shot the man in the hand. The kid obviously heard the gunshot and the robbers and took the appropriate action. I'm not saying that killing a person won't haunt you for the rest of your life, but when it comes to your family you got to do what's necessary to protect them. And it sounds like the Father would definitely have died if action had not been taken.

Long story short- Lesser of two Evils

So, I did a little looking around into the specifics of home invasion and self-defense.

I found out that the law is called Castle Doctrine. Named for the saying "a man's home is his castle".

Here is the Wikipedia site that talks about it and where it applies in the US.
Castle Doctrine

States without Castle Doctrine are Iowa, Maryland, Ohio, and West Virgina(for now).

Read the article for more information and specifics.

Hope this clears some stuff up.

-Magnum

Thats heavy. In my country a guy shot a burgler who he caught in his house a couple of years ago, he was charged with manslaughter. The good thing about here is that pistols are really hard to get, you cant own military style weapons and automatics, and any semi automatic has to have its magazine limited to 6 rounds, it makes concealing a gun a bit tricky, so we dont have that much gun crime (our police dont even carry them, they do have shotty's in their cars though). Recently a guy tried to rob a gun store (seriously..wtf? its a GUN store mate) the owner shot him, he got away with it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back