Soullesssin's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mac

Haha try working outside and it being cold :eek

@Caboos318

Lol thanks :D

@beni5o

Thanks and I will be posting things up today when I am done sanding like crazy!!1

The pep file is DungBeetles

@Mac

Hahah damn that sucks. Well i guess education comes first.

UPDATE: I sanded lots and primered the forearms and boots. Then I painted the handplates. Still need to sand more of everything and fix things here and there but here are some progress pics. Just to let you guys know, I am selling two armor pieces in the classifieds that I am not using no mores. Feel free to look or buy if you want here.

Photo0330.jpg

Photo0331.jpg

Photo0332.jpg

Photo0335.jpg

Photo0340.jpg

Photo0337.jpg

Photo0338.jpg

Photo0339.jpg

Photo0341.jpg

Photo0336.jpg

Photo0334.jpg

i see that you're selling your split shins how are the molded shins coming along? or are you going to re pep a new pair?

@Beni5o

@xavierjer

Yeah I have no use for them now.

The molded shins were somewhat of a failure and a success.

I learned something from it and so did MrOreo.

It was a costly thing to learn but now we both know better lol.

But other than that, I will be buying his 1st and 3rd casts of his shins.

So I will be the only person getting his shins which is pretty cool,

But the rubber mold is not holding up right and I think what Oreo

is gonna do a different piece and different mold materials.

sorry to hear about the problems with mold. So when will you guys try again on the shins. Those are the best looking shins i have seen. I can't wait to see them done.

xavierjer said:
sorry to hear about the problems with mold. So when will you guys try again on the shins. Those are the best looking shins i have seen. I can't wait to see them done.

Thanks for the comments on the shin! I'm going to re-mold it after Halloween. I have a lot of work ahead of me, because despite all the work I've put in thus far, I don't actually have any finished wearable pieces. It's pretty much lo-def pep from here on out for me until Halloween is over. Then I'll go back and slowly replace the lo-def parts with molded HD pieces. I suppose in that respect, it's kinda Pooper's armor and how he's replacing his hot glue armor with fiberglass/bondo armor piece by piece, except I think his stuff was always HD.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Soulless: Jeez man, you're a machine! I could probably get you to finish the rest of my armor before I can finish another piece. :pEverything is looking great and so smooth... I can't wait to get my hand plates from Hero. :)

And an Iron Man Helmet! YES! And you said that's dungbeetle's model. It looks very accurate... was it an easy/okay build? I may get his model too. I plan to make an Iron Man helmet sometime next year. I'll more than likely ask you for pointers on it as well.

Everything is looking awesome and I can't wait to see your final build!

@ Mac: Man, I know how college can take up a lot of your time to get some armor done. :( Hope you can get to it when you can.

@ Oreo: That's not a bad idea Hero. And yeah, that's how I've been doing it (replacing hot glue armor for fiberglass/bondo piece by piece). It just allows me to take my time on the newer pieces instead of trying to rush ya know? And yeah, all of my old armor was HD except the COD, which I made an improvement on too. Speaking of deadlines, I just gave myself one this month, trying to get my new ODST helmet done for halloween.

pooper said:
@ Soulless: Jeez man, you're a machine! I could probably get you to finish the rest of my armor before I can finish another piece. :pEverything is looking great and so smooth... I can't wait to get my hand plates from Hero. :)

And an Iron Man Helmet! YES! And you said that's dungbeetle's model. It looks very accurate... was it an easy/okay build? I may get his model too. I plan to make an Iron Man helmet sometime next year. I'll more than likely ask you for pointers on it as well.

Everything is looking awesome and I can't wait to see your final build!

Yo're getting handplates from Hero? Lol so was I. I just need to send him my check. :p

And I know why you're deadline is only for a helmet. ;)

Everything's looking great! Firefight was awesome! Oh I feel bad for the covies who got in our way!

@Pooper

Haha thanks, and Hero's hand plates are awesome :D

That Iron Man helm is from dungbeetle and I think that is the most accurate pep file on the forums.

The pep build was pretty easy except for some parts being separate. Though it is pretty worth it

for the accuracy of it. Ask away on it when you start your Iron Man Helm build :D

@Mac

Lol I thing Hero is the supplier of HP's

The deadline? You mean Oct 15? That's for my whole suit ;)

Though I have no idea why I am working on the Iron Man

@Shade

Lol thanks and I don't feel bad for the covie who blew me up :eek

UPDATE:

So I added some eye brows and a 5 o' clock shadow to the jaw of the helm.

Then I painted my HP's, I noticed how the black detail paint is cracking and

the gray final coat is sticky at the sides. So I guess I need to repaint... fudge.

I think I have the same prob Mac does :\

Photo0354.jpg

Photo0353.jpg

Photo0352.jpg

Lol no I mean for pooper's deadline. He ordered something. :pNot from me but from the man SB. :p

I think I'm gonna re-battle damage my armor once I get towards the end.

@Mac

Is he getting the ODST suit???

@Bunny

They are casted from MrOreo123 here

I sanded it smooth from 220 grit sand paper

and was pleased with the results ;)

@ SoullessSin: lol. I guess that's true. :D I'll be on tomorrow, btw, sorry I wasn't on today. I hate school.

SoullessSin said:
@Mac

Is he getting the ODST suit???

lol you guessed it! :D I've already told Mac and Hero, but it was during conversations we had going back and forth. I wanted to hint it around you and it seems you got it! :pI'm working hard on the ODST helmet, and I'm going to get everything else from SB (except gloves). I hope that I'm pepping it correctly... but it'll look good in the end! I may wear both suits (MVI and ODST) for Halloween, unless my brother wants to wear it.

I just hope my bondo skills are up to par with yours Soulless! :p

I don't think I could take another long project.. I would really like to get mine done, but time isn't on my side..

@Pooper

Damn now I need to make an Odst suit now.

Lol I wouldn't say that my bondo skills are like that but

yours is pretty epic you know ;)

@Mac

Lol it's ok, my Mk VI has been in the works for almost 2 years >.<

Update?

So I sanded more of my IM and I don't know why I am working on it since I

should be working on my MK Vi but today I went of to MrOreo's house and

picked up his unofficial shins :D I can't wait to work on em tomorrow.

Photo0355.jpg

Photo0357.jpg

Photo0358.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back