Soullesssin's Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol no kidding. I spot cheap Mandalorian armor on ebay, that's feasable.. :eek

Your stuff looks good. You'll finish before I do.. lol

Haha mando armor.... sounds just sexy :p

I know that I can finish before you but I got a dead line to make ;)

SoullessSin said:
Haha I should just reveal my whole armor without posting up progress pics :D

But for now... ;)

Photo0309.jpg

Kinda random but I took this the other day since I was trying to use up all the resin I had :p

[/quote]

Man... that helmet looks sweet. Just [i]love[/i] the detailing you put on it. And it's so smooth. Great colour scheme, too. I never grow tired of seeing that piece. Nice work on installing those LED's. Oh, and the dual-layer visor is a nice touch there, buddy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soulless, that looks Amazing! I'm guessing you're getting really close to finishing your suit. :D Really looking forward to seeing it all complete. Did you cut any vents in the helmet?

Also, I notice that the black side dent thingies that go on the sides of the visor are missing. Are you planning on placing black vinyl stickers on the side for those?

Ha! And I spot Wing Zero Custom (Gundam) in the back!

Awesome work as always, Soulless. It makes me want to cry! *sniff* JK :p

@SpartanII

Ok I had to do this

Bold 1 - My helmet is sweet :D

Bold 2 - The detail was well worth it and I LOVE my paint scheme

Bold 3 - Haha I don't know why people think the dual visor is new. It really isn't. I had it done a while ago o_O

@Pooper

I didn't cut any side vents but I think I should :eek

Maybe install fans but I got too much wires all over the place.

Hmmm I could use black vinyl stickers for those but where you get em?

Lol it is a wing zero and I got two more gundams that is covered by my helm

@Oreo

LOL

Well you know Hero, I gotta have a 21st century H.U.D workin here ;)

@xavierjer

Well you know, my laptop is my Cortana :D

Thanks for the comments guys :D

Will update tomorrow ;)

@ Soulless: Yeah, I don't have vents either, but I'm thinking about putting in some fans. I asked Dogwizard at D*Con about how to stop your visor from fogging up and he gave me some good tips.

As for the vinyl stickers, what do you use for the car/armor decals? Vinyl decals is what I called them in art/graphic design class in college, so what you use is probably the same thing. I'd just make the shape and place it on the visor. I used black tape on my old helmet.

BTW, I know you use Adobe Illustrator to make them, but do you own the machine that cuts out the decals?

(Um... are we talking about the same think here? LOL sorry if I confused ya :p)

SoullessSin said:
@SpartanII

Ok I had to do this

Bold 1 - My helmet is sweet :D

Bold 2 - The detail was well worth it and I LOVE my paint scheme

Bold 3 - Haha I don't know why people think the dual visor is new. It really isn't. I had it done a while ago o_O

[...]

Thanks for the comments guys :D

Will update tomorrow ;)

Hey, now... looks like maybe I'm starting a trend :lol

pooper said:
@ Soulless: Yeah, I don't have vents either, but I'm thinking about putting in some fans. I asked Dogwizard at D*Con about how to stop your visor from fogging up and he gave me some good tips.

As for the vinyl stickers, what do you use for the car/armor decals? Vinyl decals is what I called them in art/graphic design class in college, so what you use is probably the same thing. I'd just make the shape and place it on the visor. I used black tape on my old helmet.

BTW, I know you use Adobe Illustrator to make them, but do you own the machine that cuts out the decals?

(Um... are we talking about the same think here? LOL sorry if I confused ya :p)

I'd strongly suggest you both do that, as it'll greatly help with diminishing fogging of the visor and allow for better air flow, so you don't get too warm inside the helmet. It just makes it more comfortable to wear it for hours on end.

Though I'm nowhere near that point with my own, I'm definately installing vents (sides of the LED housings and sides of the jaw) and exhaust fans (sides of the LED housings and in the chin) :cool

Sorry guys that I couldn't post up yesterday ):

I had to get a lot of homework done and then study for two tests.

Man I want to leave H.S

@Pooper

Lol we both are on the same page and I know what you mean :p

Maybe I'll give that a try :D

@SpartanII

Haha maybe I'll install fans after Halo-ween

My school won't allow you to cover your face like masks

But they didn't say helmets :p

None the less, I have to obey there rules when a school admin is nearby

But in my classes I'll put it on :D

Hey, give it a try! :pIt really does look pretty good and it gives it the illusion that it's going in the visor like the in-game model. The best part is if you don't like it, it can be easily taken off.

lol it would be awesome to see a spartan walking around school. I hope you can wear your helmet in class. :) Let us know how that goes!

Lol I'll be definitely taking pics :D

Or people take pics of me

Though I will be in the yearbook for this !!!!

SoullessSin said:
Lol I'll be definitely taking pics :D

Or people take pics of me

Though I will be in the yearbook for this !!!!

lol just make sure they get yay with doing something cool, or stupid (funny)! :pNot a lot of people can say "I've got a pic of Master Chief/a spartan in my yearbook!"

MrOreo123 said:
LEDs are one thing, but don't you think adding a laptop to your helmet is a bit...overkill? ;)

rhetorical?? There is no such thing as overkill when it comes to adding electronics to a helmet :)

I wore my helmet to school too. Kids that I never talked to were like OMG you made this?

Yea but obey the rules around faculty, other than that wear it lol

I wore my crappy unfinished purple MK VI helm to my last band concert as a senior in high school. It was hilarious. Picture a Spartan in a dress.

I'm loving the smoothness of your helmet. It looks really clean. Keep up the great work!

@Pooper

Hahah I know!!!

If I was a junior, I'd be an ODST for next year ;)

@Ben

Lol there is no such thing as overkill ;)

@Mac

Hahaha I think my teachers will be pretty impressed about it.

But I bought a SB sword handle and I will be definitely bringing that to school and be all awesome with a plasma sword :D

@Queen

Thanks for the comment :D

-----------------------

I have worked on my armor on and off all this week and worked hard the passed 2 days. Well today I worked for 2 hours straight since I was locked outside of my house. Haha it sucked but I got a lot done. I bondo'd the forearms and thighs. Glassed my left thigh and reinforced some other pieces that needed it. I sanded the boot parts so smooth that it is equivalent to a baby's butt :pBut for tomororwwrooror, I will be sanding the hell out of the res of the pieces I need to do to get it ready for primer and paint. Hopefully I can primer everything at least.

Photo0317.jpg

Photo0318.jpg

Photo0319.jpg

Photo0320.jpg

Photo0321.jpg

Photo0322.jpg

Photo0323.jpg

Photo0324.jpg

On a side note, last night, I was playing with Shade on ODST and it was hella fun :D

We had a blast playing firefight and we kicked covenant ass!

97181128-Full.jpg

97288004-Full.jpg

97284832-Full.jpg

Side Project :D

Photo0325.jpg

Photo0326.jpg

Photo0327.jpg

I was waiting for you to post some new pics, sheez. :p

I wish I could just sit on my couch and work on my armor, I don't feel like being in the cold garage. lol

wow, that is just sweet cant wait for more! oh and what pep file u used for the iron man helmet? im trying to find a good one for mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back