South Uk Based Master Chief Clay Sculpt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone :) just put another layer of silicone on... GLaDOS wants you to have some cake :D
We are both really pleased with how they've turned out.
Girlfriend, she knew she was in the photo... she had already been around the table 3 times trying to aviod being in the photo, up to her arms in silicone and couldnt care less lol

We are away for a week on Wed night, when we get back right on with the upper arms. After a cast of these pieces of course, cant wait to try them on with the helmet!

Hey!!! Great work dude! I am going to do my next suit in clay sculpting as well but i lack the product knowledge. do you have any advice on what clap to use, which tools and more importantly how to make a live cast of yourself?!?! if this was all already posted I am sorry for re-asking it... i must have missed it ready through the topic.. sorry :/

Hey!!! Great work dude! I am going to do my next suit in clay sculpting as well but i lack the product knowledge. do you have any advice on what clap to use, which tools and more importantly how to make a live cast of yourself?!?! if this was all already posted I am sorry for re-asking it... i must have missed it ready through the topic.. sorry :/
There is a good tutorial on making a live cast here; http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/bodycast/index.html
I'm not sure if this is the method Sevv used but it has a good step by step walkthrough of the process.

Ooohhh lots of replies. Posting this quick, sorry. We are all back from holiday now :( always depressing typing that :) We had a fabulous time, sandy beachs, crystal clear waters... blue skys.. the smell of the sea. Fantastic.

Totally off topic, I proposed to my girlfriend whilst away... she said yes... horray! :D So myself and my lovely fiance are now working on Chief :)

Happy couple :) Love her lots! Love our cake more though :D

Engaged.jpg

Anyway back to MC.

Update, you'll LOVE my update tonight.. look at it, amazing isnt it!? Stunning work of art... a clean kitchen! horray! :D

Kitchen.jpg

Ok ok... that was taken 12 hours ago and it now looks like this...

OtherThigh.jpg

It was good whilst it lasted though! :)

So yes, the chest is gone... an even bigger horray! The mould pulls look very sucessful. Unfortunatly we dont have enough gel coat to cast one... got some on order. Should be here by the weekend.

Dude. A marriage propasal??!! That's all you gave her for putting up with you turning your kitchen into a costume workshop??!!! Sounds like you got a good one there. CONGRATS!!!
:)

Proposal? You know the consequences of such things, right? Think of all the work, all the power hours you have been putting and are still going to put into that suit! You'll have to do that all again to make a second one for her! ;-)

Thanks everyone! :)

Second thigh update, not bad for a weeks work. Its feature complete! We are going to tidy and polish tomorrow. Going to get the first layer of silicone on tomorrow night.

MCthighNew1.jpg

So about how many pounds of clay do you think is required for the entire suit. or maybe do you have a break down of about how many pounds per part? I am looking to do the same thing and am looking into cost!! thanks dude!

Congratulations on the propsal!!!

Your costume looks fab!!! I hope me and my brother do well for ours, we need pepakura to survive LOL

As of last night... Done! Once again sorry for the crappy photos :( We put the first layer of silicone on last night aswell.

MCThigh_New2.jpg

MCThigh_New3.jpg

This second thigh has been hanging over my head for months... so glad its done. Definatly a record, one week for that thigh. We took 2 weeks to do the lower arms, using that logic the upper arms should take us about an hour... I wish! :)

Overall, I think... hard to keep track :)... weve bought 43 blocks of clay, maybe a few more. Each block is 2 pounds / .9kg / 1kg. How much has gone on each armour piece? I couldnt say im afraid. Alot :)

Sev you gotta lay off the cheesecake! Those saddlebags are lookin...Oh. Never mind.
Nice work.

This is truly impressive work. I've tried sculpting and it's no easy task, which makes this even more so that impressive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back