South Uk Based Master Chief Clay Sculpt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really quick question... I am also sculpting with oil clay.. how do you get it so smooth? Is there s special tool or trick? I can get the details.. just not as smooth as you can get it. I bought a few tools, but they haven't helped much, I've tried hot water.. but that also doesn't work as well as I like.. so any tips?? Thanks so much for any advice

Been a while since ive posted. Weve been really busy working on the project, weve just had a 3 day weekend of sanding... need some hand cream :)

Regarding our fiberglass castings, we do strive for as clean a pull as possible. Sometimes more succesful than others :) To avoid the air bubbles we use 2 layers of Gel Coat first, we originally tried one layer but at the finishing stage you just sand through to all the bubbles. 2 layers of Gel Coat normally gets around this.

The undersuit is still a work in progress, hopefully get a major boost next weekend.

As for achieving smooth clay, ive posted a few descriptions of our technique somewhere in this thread but it is a case of flat metal scrappers and clay tools. Going over the same spot again and again then white spirit once your done.

Update for today, a few pictures from todays work.

Spraying1.jpg

Spraying2.jpg

Spraying3.jpg

Spraying4.jpg

Spraying5.jpg

Spraying6.jpg

They still need some stopper, another sand and spray. Need a beer now :)

I love the detail. I have seen some impressive stuff on here in the past few weeks, but this one ranks pretty high on the list. Holy crap it's good.

Been a while since ive posted. Weve been really busy working on the project, weve just had a 3 day weekend of sanding... need some hand cream :)

Regarding our fiberglass castings, we do strive for as clean a pull as possible. Sometimes more succesful than others :) To avoid the air bubbles we use 2 layers of Gel Coat first, we originally tried one layer but at the finishing stage you just sand through to all the bubbles. 2 layers of Gel Coat normally gets around this.

The undersuit is still a work in progress, hopefully get a major boost next weekend.

As for achieving smooth clay, ive posted a few descriptions of our technique somewhere in this thread but it is a case of flat metal scrappers and clay tools. Going over the same spot again and again then white spirit once your done.

Spraying1.jpg

Spraying2.jpg

Spraying3.jpg

Spraying4.jpg

Spraying5.jpg

Spraying6.jpg

Maybe you need two...or three..lol

Thanks everyone, appreciate it! Glad you like it :)

Still sanding... another weekend of sanding ahead. We really hope this will be the last one lol. Hope to get the hole thing final primed by Sunday evening. Ill post some more pictures early next week.

Sevv,

Great work but in the beginning maybe you should have done the "undersuit" as part of the armor pieces. That is how Legacy did it with the ones used by 343/bungie. Watch that "making deliver hope" documentary around somewhere.

Still f-ing unbelievable!!!

FAKE! What a piece of crap. Just calling it likes I sees it.

p.s. I'll do you a huge favor Sevv and take that worthless pile of garbage off your hands if you like. Shoot I'll even be nice enough to pay for the shipping.

BTW yer welcome.

[images removed]

I think my eyes bounced off the monitor when i saw that torso.....lol

FAKE! What a piece of crap. Just calling it likes I sees it.

p.s. I'll do you a huge favor Sevv and take that worthless pile of garbage off your hands if you like. Shoot I'll even be nice enough to pay for the shipping.

BTW yer welcome.
Ummm... sorry but are you TRYING to get yourself banned? If you like it say you like it, if you dont keep your opinion to your self. If you are saying you want to buy one... dont sound so rude about it.

Ummm... sorry but are you TRYING to get yourself banned? If you like it say you like it, if you dont keep your opinion to your self. If you are saying you want to buy one... dont sound so rude about it.

I have to come to alix's defense here for a change, because I think you overlooked his subtle, smileyless sarcasm :)

I think what he means to say is:

16e332008063082404000000b5d9.jpg

I have to come to alix's defense here for a change, because I think you overlooked his subtle, smileyless sarcasm :)

I think what he means to say is:

16e332008063082404000000b5d9.jpg
I think YOU misread my comment! Lol JK! I'm just saying that some people dont have a sense of sarcasm and can take it the wrong way and get him banned, I'm on his side here!

Been awhile since I checked this thread. This thing is coming together great!! Keep up the fantastic work!!

-Matt

@Rhinoc-I can't tell you how I lol'ed at this. You are absolutely correct about sarcasm not coming through properly in print. In real life this would be me running into a theatre yelling "FIRE!" when there was in fact none. I'm glad you were able to stay with the forums

@Ventrue- I was afraid that SMILEYS would distract from the sarcastic tone of my witty post...to which I say mission accomplished. :-(

@Rhinoc-I can't tell you how I lol'ed at this. You are absolutely correct about sarcasm not coming through properly in print. In real life this would be me running into a theatre yelling "FIRE!" when there was in fact none. I'm glad you were able to stay with the forums

@Ventrue- I was afraid that SMILEYS would distract from the sarcastic tone of my witty post...to which I say mission accomplished. :-(
Gotta help others stay here too! Honestly when I read your post I lol'ed because I got what you were saying but again, sarcasm is something not a lot of people get!

@Sevv- this is by far one of the coolest builds EVAR!!!

Gotta help others stay here too! Honestly when I read your post I lol'ed because I got what you were saying but again, sarcasm is something not a lot of people get!

Germans must be very sarcastic people then :-D
Everybody uses irony here and sarcasm is just around the corner.

The only problem is the smiley. I remember a guy being sued to hell because he didn't use them, turning his sarcastic forum post into an insult or something.

But let's not take this grand thread off topic! I've got to close it now anyways or I'll starve drooling over those pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back