Space Marine Pep Models (update Post #29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
p_00082.jpg

p_00081.jpg

I'm still tinkering :D.

Hey trint how goes the pepping of the pieces.?? I've got 2/3 through the helm the dam sides are proving a pain but it's ok. I'm using a bendy metal shower coil for the pipes from the mouthpiece to the ears seems to work better and gives better clearance. :)

Regards

Venom.

college is killing my time to work on modeling :( , I haven't even printed a sm helm for myself yet!

I am planning on putting together some vids on making sm armor from pep, foam, and 1/4" plywood/luan/something.

Chest:
chestv2.jpg

not sure if this was posted or not. here it is anyways.

Also just to show I have been doing something:
Old-
bolterfolded.jpg

NEW-
bolter-split.jpg

This new version can be built as a bolter or pistol! The grip can also be left off to make room for combi-weapon parts! (coming soon to a computer near you).

So boys, what exactly do we have done pep-wise? Just our helms? Lol. We so need Battle Sister armour. That would involve a white wig for me though...

Great, work here! I'm new to 405. I'm a big fan of 40k and I have some disk space to host a mirror to these files if you guys need it.

I'm learning Maya right now, so I am going to try making a Grey Knight Helm and possibly a Sisters of Battle Helm. If I can get the results I am looking for I think I might attempt something more organic like the Eldar Guardian Helm. Who knows I am just starting out.

On a Halo Note I just started my first Pep assembly of the helm... Dumb me I should have stared on something less complicated but it is turning out O.k. for a first attempt. I have assembled the Pep, Fiber glasses the interior and started the Bondo process yesterday. And I have to sat I'm pretty impressed. Hopefully I will have it finished soon so I can start on the easier parts! My goal is October 31st to finish it. It's going to be for my 5 year old's Halloween costume!

I also wanted to say thanks for all the great posts here on 405th, they have been very helpful and easy to understand, especially to a guy who has no experience building anything like this!

Kudos!

Let me know if I can host some files for the 40K stuff, I'd love to help if I can.

chwbcc

ok, i've helped others, i can help you. i have the files, i can send you the ones you wnat in whatever format you need. just email what you want, how you want. it may not be until monday though - i have games day on sunday lol

TrintLord said:
Thanks!

I know some people were able to get in-game models from Halo, just wondering if it were possible to do the same for Dawn of War?

I know, really old reply..But it is Possible to extract the Warhammer models from Dawn of War, Heres a link with directions on exporting To 3D Studio Max. Or, For those without Max, heres a spiffy tool that does kind of the same thing. You'll probably have to unpack the .SGA archives with this Tool. Hope this helps with anybody else's 40K Armoring needs :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Twinblade said:
I know, really old reply..But it is Possible to extract the Warhammer models from Dawn of War, Heres a link with directions on exporting To 3D Studio Max. Or, For those without Max, heres a spiffy tool that does kind of the same thing. You'll probably have to unpack the .SGA archives with this Tool. Hope this helps with anybody else's 40K Armoring needs :) .

Cool! I'll ask some friends to help figure out those instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back