Spartan-1337 Custom Reach Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jr Member
Alright Ladies and ... other creatures, i am beginning a thread on my first armor build. it is not my first pep work, i made a pair of magnums for my twin cousins, but idiotically forgot to save pics, next time i get in touch with them i'll try to get some. i've already done some work on the suit, but couldn't post due to crappy vbulletin 5. i have completed the helmet, one shin, and two forearms, but both had to be scrapped, so i am currently working on the forearm. pics to come in a near-future edit. wish me luck!

update.

I finished the third forearm, and it was too small, so i built a fourth, and it was too small. so. i am starting a fifth forearm, and this will be the right size.

pics

the hand plate:
DSCN0295_zps0d14a20f.jpg

the too small forearm:
DSCN0297_zps1e5c52a3.jpg

the shin(maybe too small):
DSCN0298_zps40d47922.jpg

the knife:
DSCN0299_zps48b1e574.jpg

Grenadier helmet:
DSCN0300_zps49c78fbb.jpg

me wearing the helmet:

me wearing the too small forearm:
DSCN0302_zpsb57d35f7.jpg

NEVER FEAR, UPDATE IS HERE!!!!!!

so i replaced a lot of my parts that were too small, and built several new ones. i also finally got 7zip, so i got Vanity to work.
PICS!
The End Result:
Vanity_635076932008467352_zps9b1675a6.png

Bicep:
DSCN0318_zps4b5deaa0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

U/A Multi-Threat Shoulder:
DSCN0319_zpsda993f1e.jpg

Bicep w/ Shoulder:
DSCN0320_zps3314b678.jpg

Boot:
DSCN0317_zps09a068bf.jpg

New Handplate:
DSCN0315_zps66532ec4.jpg

FJ-Para knee (sorry for the crappy photo):
DSCN0309_zps5a174aba.jpg

Shin:
DSCN0304_zpsac1b9ebc.jpg

so there we go!
i am trying to go all the way down the right side, so i will already have the scaling figured out when i go to do the rest. the chest and cod will be the last things i do. stay tuned for more!

I love having a conversation with myself. The only problem is that half the time I know what I am going to say.
Anyway, PICTURE TIME!!
I finished another freakin left bicep:
DSCN0322_zpscfe3b176.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And Finally managed to make a right bicep:
DSCN0323_zps057abd26.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0324_zps88cb8c32.jpg

I also completed my Carpathiavh99 sliced Reach magnum(Thanks for the file Carpathia):
DSCN0328_zps8e994e66.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0330_zps4b902267.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0331_zpsfb5eee95.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Completed right thigh (40 cm tall and still small for my thunderthighs):
DSCN0325_zpsc1f1fac4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0327_zpscc6453b7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

And, at my Scout troop yard sale, picked up some genuine Class I Grade A Scrounge!
DSCN0333_zps7ee87233.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I have: 1 giant pink foam yoga mat, 2 working Spy Gear NVGs, 2 foam Batman placemats, 2 clear safety visors, 1 elastic belt, and 5 small electric fans!
close up on the visors:
DSCN0335_zpse7d63691.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

now that these parts are done, I am moving on to the other half of my armor. My mom has been making a fuss about how much printer ink I have been using, so I am beginning to use FOAM. i have completed L3x's foam forearm, but don't have any pics, update to come. i really need to watch a few moar technique vids, my cuts are sloppy! i have like 6 2x2 sheets of foam, so I am not lacking in material.

Wish me luck!

Quick update:
My mom wants me to take a break from cutting and glueing parts, so i am going to finish my helm. i am resining and rondoing,

Rondoed:
DSCN0336_zps924da55c.jpg

DSCN0339_zps4c15f8f3.jpg

I took my techniques from Benstreeper's Rondo tutorial (wonderful job by the way, your tips worked great!)
I will begin sanding and detailing tomorrow!

Wish me luck!

So today i sanded and smoothed. rather than use Bondo(i was out) i used drywall mud. it worked rather well.
DSCN0341_zpsafb50c25.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I then shot it with some primer to see any imperfections
DSCN0342_zps598edfd8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

i think it looks pretty good! what do ya'll think?
And here is where the magic happens as i place electronics and padding:
DSCN0343_zps58c6e58d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

but seriously, no replies? not even any haters raggin on my build? i join a social media and still nobody likes me!

Well let me have the honor of being the first! :) Your pep work is amazing! I tried pep and got frustrated at all those tabs, I still have nightmares of those tabs. I gave up and switched to foam, but the detail you achieved in your pieces it awsome, so crisp and clean. No one has commented yet probably from lack of words. :) keep up the good work!

Wow man you have gotten a lot done, Great job! I am liking what i see so far and cant wait to see more. :)

Well let me have the honor of being the first! :) Your pep work is amazing! I tried pep and got frustrated at all those tabs, I still have nightmares of those tabs. I gave up and switched to foam, but the detail you achieved in your pieces it awsome, so crisp and clean. No one has commented yet probably from lack of words. :) keep up the good work!

You've got to be kidding. I mean, thanks for the compliment but my pep is not that good. I don't think you could tell from my crappy photos but my helmet had a lot of warpage and voids where pieces didn't match up. Your tab nightmares may be from a poor model. I went through multiple pep files for each piece getting scale and looks right. Carpathiavh99 posted some really good files on his build Reach Reach Again!, they don't seem to have a lot of tiny tabs and look very accurate. try them on for size if you are still going for pep. I am switching to foam too, but for different reasons. My mom hates resin with a passion, and was getting annoyed with how much printer ink I was using. If you guys could come up with some other, non-toxic methods for hardening( I already know about Aqua Resin[too expensive and hard to get], Smoothcast[see previous] and the hot glue method[too hard to get smooth and too much work/hot glue]). Any ideas would be great, I like pep!

Wow man you have gotten a lot done, Great job! I am liking what i see so far and cant wait to see more. :)

I have gotten a lot done. Every piece you see in a pic has 2-4 failed/trial pieces before it! Don't worry, there will be much more!

This looks really good! Can't wait to see the final product!

It's not that good!

Anyway, enough talk! Picture time!

Helmet (mostly) completed:
DSCN0344_zps268f98a3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The padding on the inside;
DSCN0345_zps749dc2db.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

With Lights!
DSCN0347_zps388ce4c1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0348_zpsebac7dba.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Hall Of Shame aka my first foam forearm:
DSCN0350_zps04bc0080.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0349_zpsb287af56.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0351_zps3ceff8ee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN0352_zps2633f065.jpg

I know, it's terrible!
Anyway, I went out on the internets, and the forum, trying to find good foam templates for Reach. I found plenty for the Master Chief, but as this is a Reach build, that doesn't help. So *GULP* FREEHAND TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*AHHHHHHHHHHH* WHAT HAVE I DONE!! OH NO! I JUST SAID THAT I WILL USE MY NONEXISTENT ART SKILLS TO BUILD ARMOR! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I've gotten that out, I'm going to go play reach and get some good reference pics.
Ya'll enjoy dreaming about what's to come

Wish Me Luck!

Yeah, sorry chaps, this thread is going dead. my mom was not okay with me posting pics and the like online, sooo.... no more thread updates, and i also had to delete the pics. sorry

But why?? Just when i stumbled upon your build thread and was excited to see someone's build, then i discovered all the pictures were removed T_T....... Cant you at least leave the pics there?

Cant you at least leave the pics there?

No, he cannot. 1337 is a minor, and his parents always have the final say; something we cannot argue, no matter what. While it is a shame, it's beyond our control. Therefore, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread up. 1337, if this situation changes and you wish to continue updating this thread, contact me and I'll reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back