Spartans For Nebraskon 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
::UPDATE:: lots of updates all wrapped up into 1 post ^^;

The convention has really been trying to accomodate us for the Capture the Flag event. As of right now they only have a 1 hour time slot and we really wanted a 2 hour time slot as the first 15-20 minutes would probably be gathering/setup/rule explanation and last 10 minutes teardown leaving roughly 20-30 minutes for play time. We'll know for sure by con time

In the event we can't do the CTF event, a couple members of the 501st have something else schemed up...

----

The convention enterance is in the back of the building, even though the main enterance is in the front of the building (grover street). The main parking area is behind the building as well, so it only makes sense.

----

::IMPORTANT::

While the convention has a no firearm rule (thanks to the hotel being very vocal on it) the 405th and the 501st are exempt from said rule!!! Bring whatever you want weapon wise, just make sure it has an orange tip if it looks somewhat real. The hotel also asks that people refrain from bringing weapons into the main checkin area other than when you are checking in.

----

There's going to be a VIP lounge at the convention. This is for volunteers who have put in 6 or more hours, Convention staff, special guests and VIP ticket holders. The lounge will also be open to all members of the 501st AND the 405th. There will be a variety of snacks in there including rice and various toppings. There will be hand sanitizers in there, and we ask everyone to please use them!

----

If anyone is going to be arriving either very early Friday morning or Thursday evening. I could use a little help moving my DJ equipment from the storage room to the main event area and setting it up around 10 or 10:30am Friday morning.

I already have a very good idea exactly where everything is going to go. Just have to talk with the cosplay contest director at the con so I know exactly where the contestants are entering the stage, so I can setup my rack accordingly. Its going to be setup so I can quickly and easily move my setup from the side of the stage to the front of the stage.

The stage lighting is included ONLY if we purchase the AV booth ($3,000 per day or $7,500 for Friday-Sunday... ouch...) I will have to setup stage lighting... good thing I am a mobile DJ who has overkill on equipment... lol (too bad my lighting trees only go 12 feet tall...)

----

If anyone else is interested in attending, shoot me a private message please!

If anyone else is interested in getting in free by 'helping out', let me know please so I can get in contact with the registration people and have your badge set aside. I'll need your REAL name though.

----

I would suggest if you have a 405th lanyard, to bring it, that way you won't have a problem getting into the VIP lounge. If they are marking the badges somehow, I will hook you guys up with the proper markings.

They are doing something quite interesting this year... you will get a sticker for participating in certain panels/events. There will be a grid on the badge for stickers and the person with the most stickers may in deed win a prize beyond bragging rights...

Not this year for me but by next year I will be putting together a MK-IV MC Variant for the convention, if I had known about this earlier this year I would have really got into my building whether I have JA (Juvinille Arthritis) or not I would have built up a suit but by the next con I'll definalty be ready.

Hey guys!! This is Sgt Striker, currently reporting from the 501st/405th staging room at Anime Nebraskon :) Hah, I'm actually a red Scout from TF2, but I'm with JF140 in his Caboose outfit and our friend Ian in a pink Mark VI as Donut, and Loess is also with us in his really awesome ODST armour. He actually won a cosplay award for "Most Experience" here at Nebraskon, so congrats to him! Our team has really been turning heads and camera lenses, if any of us were epileptic I think we'd be long since dead by now from it. Things are starting to slow down a little so we're just in our break area. We've had a few minor mishaps here and there with padding needing adjustment, some quick little duct tape fixes of minor stress fractures in the armour, and only one real big mishap with one of the connectors for the blue torso snapping off, but all was fixed with more duct tape. Also, I'm being summoned for help again....heh. I've been helping with build-ups and tear-downs of both Ian's and Cody's armour and I've been their hands all day for things they can't reach. Mobility is a little bit of an issue and they're so glad to have me around to help, I love working with them and fixing whatever goes wrong on the spot with them, they're great friends and team mates and my con experience as a Spartan Technician is just going amazing :) Tonight I'm going to go home with Cody and do some better repairs from home base and we'll get him in his armour again tomorrow with Ian, and I'll switch to just a generic US soldier since I don't have anything branded with 405th or UNSC. I might print something off for myself and pin it to my hat that says "Official 405th Handler" or something. I haven't done much for myself to just enjoy the con itself, but spending my time here as a repairman and assistant to set up their armour has been quite an experience on its own! Anime Nebraskon is my "home con" that I attend every year, and if anyone plans on repeating their trip to here or coming out here for the 405th, I'll help you guys out with armour such as on the spot repairs, being your hands if you have limited mobility, assisting with suit-up/gear-down, anything you guys need I'll gladly be a technician. I'm not sure what else to say other than the skit with the 501st was just hilarious XD You guys have a great night and I'll do a post-con report tomorrow afternoon/night when I'm all settled into my home. Does anybody know how to make custom T-shirts? I'd love to have a "405th Official Handler" shirt, and I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price :)

I saw that skit, it was Awesome! 3 Troopers vs 2 Spartans and Spartans Won, they lost to 2 R2D2 though. The panel at the con was great. I got pics on my Facebook. And I do agree with the green spartan that he could be bullet proof. Thanks again for info on this site. Still trying to find a way to make my brute armor, slowly.

Hey all finally have time to give a report. Nebraskon was alota fun this year. got to meet up with a few fellow members and cant wait for next year! we need to get more people and take the 501st by storm!! heres a few pics and heres the link for the rest. armor repairs under way. should be done largley by tonight. will have video of teh 501st/405th fight later provided by the 501st.

DSCF2739.jpg

Darthwhiteguy

DSCF2741.jpg

DSCF2744.jpg

DSCF2747.jpg

Sgt.Striker

DSCF2749.jpg

DSCF2787.jpg

yoko with the rifle i built her

DSCF2786.jpg

DSCF2788.jpg

HELL YES GO FOX