Spartans In 'halo: Reach'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if this isn't SPI armor we are seeing. We don't really have a reference as to a final look for the SPI, and it may be based heavily on MJOLNIR, without the undersuit up grades etc. It may make that element more feasible within the story line. I am just excited to find out for sure what is going on.

The Ghosts of Onyx cover clearly shows SPI armour.

The armour is far more likely to be Mk V. I would dismiss the SPI because it's Semi Powered Infiltration armour. It's weaker than the Mk V & VI (the main difference between V and VI was the addition of biofoam and drug administers) so it's clearly not the sort of thing you'd want to be wearing during a combat insertion, as Noble Team is clearly seen heading off to do at the end of the trailer. Mk VI is also out of the question because it was developed later (in fact only just arrived shortly prior to Halo 2). Also, assuming Bungie sticks to canon set in Fall of Reach, and that the game is just based around the attack on Reach, the Spartans IIs got the Mk V armour upon arrival at Reach, and were heading out of the system when the attack begun, and turned back, with most of the Spartan IIs landing on Reach, except for John-117, Linda, James, and possibly Grey Team (who's location noone knows).

Also, if anyone accepts the ILoveBees viral campaign as canon, there are Class 2 Spartan IIs in existence, and that would make up for the discrepency in the numbers.

Anyway a discussion isn't going to change what it is or not, and Bungie's like ONI when it comes to secrets. We'll find out what we need to know when they're ready to tell us :lol

That Lone Wolf in the trailer is a woman.

Watch the hips move. They 'roll' a lot more, in the same way that any woman's hips do when they walk. Men's hips tend to stay quite rigid when they walk, whereas with females, the hips are a little wider and need to 'sway' in order to accommodate the female gait

That's right, guys. Stare long and hard at that ass between 0.48 and 0.51 in the trailer, you'll see what I mean. Once you see it, bricks, etc.

Arcanine said:

Watch the hips move. They 'roll' a lot more, in the same way that any woman's hips do when they walk. Men's hips tend to stay quite rigid when they walk, whereas with females, the hips are a little wider and need to 'sway' in order to accommodate the female gait (read: us women have to walk differently to accommodate the boobs and ass).

That's right, guys. Stare long and hard at that ass between 0.48 and 0.51 in the trailer, you'll see what I mean. Once you see it, bricks, etc.

That would definitely change the conflict between (her?) and EVA guy. I think this makes it all a lot more interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Arcanine said:

Watch the hips move. They 'roll' a lot more, in the same way that any woman's hips do when they walk. Men's hips tend to stay quite rigid when they walk, whereas with females, the hips are a little wider and need to 'sway' in order to accommodate the female gait (read: us women have to walk differently to accommodate the boobs and ass).

Good point, but if you check the video at 1:27-1:30 Carter and Lone Wolf have the same "wiggle" in their gait. We know that Carter is a guy.

TGBuzzard said:
Good point, but if you check the video at 1:27-1:30 Carter and Lone Wolf have the same "wiggle" in their gait. We know that Carter is a guy.

Or is he?

Anyway, I think you guys are looking too much into this. We'll find out when the game comes out. Although, the speculation is a fun read :p.

Arcanine said:

Until we find out that the Lone Wolf is actually a man, and every guy (i.e. person who actually looked) will be in a very awkward situation.

Spartan 051 said:
though if the lone wolf is a spartan III how can the commander read his file if Spartan III's doesn't have a file

EDIT: a fun side not "Spartians Never Die Jorge There Just Missing In Action" is said 1:17 in the clip

also, if you download the video via XBL marketplace, the video is 117mb!

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Until we find out that the Lone Wolf is actually a man, and every guy (i.e. person who actually looked) will be in a very awkward situation.

;) You sure about that?

Arcanine said:

I don't see it. Until ACTUALLY proven, I think L.W. is a male.

Now, I don't really like the idea of Spartan IIIs in Reach just as much as the next guy...

But I'd say Skullface's helmet has more in common with an SPI dome than an EVA one...

Check it out.

Noble_Team.jpg

SpartanIII.jpg

Hmmmmm....

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Well, yes, unless you often look at men and consider them women, in which case I'd be quite scared of you.

O_O That is not what I was thinking.

Ronster said:
Now, I don't really like the idea of Spartan IIIs in Reach just as much as the next guy...

But I'd say Skullface's helmet has more in common with an SPI dome than an EVA one...

Check it out.

Noble_Team.jpg

SpartanIII.jpg

Hmmmmm....

Hmmmm....

nodent.jpg

Ronster said:

Check it out.

Noble_Team.jpg

SpartanIII.jpg

Hmmmmm....

That's what I'm thinking, I mean, of all the multiplayer perms out there, why put the one nobody likes in Reach?

Isaac said:
Definitely a guy, deal with it, end of story.

Wow. That's just... wow, kid. You've blown me away there.

Where's your proof that it's a guy? Do you have anything at all to denounce my speculation that the Lone Wolf is female? Anything? You know, forget for a moment that this trailer gives completely no indication as to Lone Wolf's gender, here. Forget for a moment that I'm probably the only person on these forums that's given any sort of speculative proof as to a gender marker. It's completely ridiculous that you'd be able to play as a FEMALE in a Halo game, right? Right? Or are we forgetting someone?

300px-CptVDare.png

Thought so.

Now, don't get me wrong here, I could be mistaken. I could quite easily be wrong, my points might just be looking too far into things. But until you have solid, firmly-based proof that I'm wrong, don't start sitting around and telling me so.

Sangheili811 said:
That's what I'm thinking, I mean, of all the multiplayer perms out there, why put the one nobody likes in Reach?

Because it's one of the few possibly useful helmets, and it's very close to the SPI helmet. Makes sense to throw it in there.

EDIT: I have to say, Arcanine is the only one making an intelligent argument in this thread right now >_>

It looks nothing like the SPI helmet, as it lack that characteristic "lump" on the top of the helmet. Plus, the visor in the SPI helmet is too small compared to the "Skull Spartan" helmet. Maybe the helmet is a new variant? What if it's not SPI or EVA? Like I said, it could be a new type of helmet.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Because it's one of the few possibly useful helmets, and it's very close to the SPI helmet. Makes sense to throw it in there.

EDIT: I have to say, Arcanine is the only one making an intelligent argument in this thread right now >_>

Why are the other helmets "not useful"? Limited field of vision? And what does it's similarity to SPI have to do with it, unless there are in fact S-IIIs on Reach? Just curious.

And Arcanine, you do make some valid points, but I really hope you're wrong. I'm not anti-woman or anything, but they already have one in the squad, two would be a little too far-fetched. Today, I do not believe there is a single woman in Delta, SEALs, Force Recon, SAS, GSG-9, etc. Putting it a little bluntly, women simply do not have the strength or endurance to survive the selection process. And the groups listed above are equivalent (more or less) to ODSTs, and SPARTAN selection is many times more difficult than that of ODSTs. Its neat that there are a couple female SPARTANs, but having two in the same squad just seems a bit wrong to me. Once again, I'm not trying to be sexist, but this is just the way it is in the military (at least in this century).

BTW, for those wondering, Dare was not an actual ODST, she's an ONI spook, the equivalent of a CIA paramilitary.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:

That's probably because there isn't really anything to argue about :| Well, unless you count the SIII argument.

Preston said:
It looks nothing like the SPI helmet, as it lack that characteristic "lump" on the top of the helmet. Plus, the visor in the SPI helmet is too small compared to the "Skull Spartan" helmet. Maybe the helmet is a new variant? What if it's not SPI or EVA? Like I said, it could be a new type of helmet.

I pointed that out about 4 posts back. As with the rest of the armor, it's pretty obvious that its just an earlier version of the armor we've already seen, in this case, EVA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back