Spartans In 'halo: Reach'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look at it this way, New halo game...

some stuff doesn't add up but nothing we can do about it and its not going to change that game from halo to another game, it will still be halo in the end of the day and from what we have had before it should be more than good enough to take its place in the halo-universe... but now we need a new book for reach :unsure

Maybe it will be like Star Trek and they re write the future in the new game with master cheif going back in time halfway through the story telling us how its going to end...

Master Cheeze said:
Maybe it will be like Star Trek and they re write the future in the new game with master cheif going back in time halfway through the story telling us how its going to end...

Hopefully in a DeLorean...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ronster said:
Hopefully in a DeLorean...

Hhahaha yeah. I meant the new one though. As now they have messed up the timeline for a new franchise... Fingers crossed it has not come to that with Reach.

Hey guys, please don't complain about how much you hate that Bungie is twisting their fiction in here, it'll probably only lead to more harassment anyways. By the way, sorry I didn't have the write-up of the front page today, things got in the way.

This new information is intriguing. I'm totally fine with all of it, and a bit excited. Ok, I know Bungie can do whatever they want, but how can they just change the Elites' body make up?

Personally you guys as soon as I heard that all but one are spartan III's, I thought this game would be a good way to flesh out those spartans. So what if the armor isn't SPI, but I wouldn't mind it it was there and I kinda like the idea of not everyone is wearing the exact same stuff. Anyway Reach is a big planet with many different battles and events going on, for all we know maybe we could see spartan II's running around in the background? I dont completely get jorge's armor look although he is the heavy guy, I just trying to figure out why his helmet looks to "futureistic" because it looks MK VI but im sure it will be called something else completely unrelated.

The recon guy is names Zun

Eva it is acually painted skull they are all spartan 3s except for jorge he is a spartan 2. Carter and Kat are the onlytwo from the orginal squad. and mr EVA i for got his name but he is a slient guy and he speaks through his actions

Cayoke said:
The recon guy is names Zun

Eva it is acually painted skull they are all spartan 3s except for jorge he is a spartan 2. Carter and Kat are the onlytwo from the orginal squad. and mr EVA i for got his name but he is a slient guy and he speaks through his actions

Yep. That's what it says a page back.

Ok, well after i saw the halo reach trailer on the vga's i was starstruck! But one thing i noticed got me wondering?

In the times of Combat evolved the chief is wearing a set of armor, i noticed that during the actuall time period we were just getting used to 3d video games and so the cheif was blocky with actually pretty good textures. But like i saod in the titl...are the spartans on halo reach wearing different variants of halo 1 chiefs armor?

Edit: Not sure which mod merged this thread, But thanks! i wasn't exactly sure if it pertained to the same topic

Ronster said:

If Halo: Reach supercedes the books, and the books basically become non-canon, partially applicable fluff, why would they make a movie out of it?

Peter Cooper said:
If Halo: Reach supercedes the books, and the books basically become non-canon, partially applicable fluff, why would they make a movie out of it?

Remember, there are two sides to every story.

"Halo: The Flood" told us what was going on behind the scenes of Alpha Halo, not by follow the Master Chief but Marines and ODST's. That novel is concidered Canon.

Now imagine if Halo: CE came out after "The Flood". Would the book still be concidered Canon? Yes. Same with Reach. They just made the game to tell another side of the story that the books did not mention. So Halo: TFoR is still Canon even with the new game coming out.

let me add a little blood to the water....

if the game doesn't follow the books does this mean we might get to meet the chief? or get to meet his team? or even.. seee him in action?

As far as we know, anyway.

If there are any contradictory events with, say, the SPARTAN-IIs' presence on Reach, or Admiral Whitcomb, or even CASTLE Base, TFoR becomes completely non-canon. It's a fine line between backstory and rewriting.

SchizophrenicMC said:
As far as we know, anyway.

If there are any contradictory events with, say, the SPARTAN-IIs' presence on Reach, or Admiral Whitcomb, or even CASTLE Base, TFoR becomes completely non-canon. It's a fine line between backstory and rewriting.

Quite. And considering the level of rewriting that seems to be taking place, The Fall of Reach (and therefore Beattie's script) will more than likely become null and void. The Fall of Reach stands as canon until we see what's been changed in the story and how heavily, and then go "oh."

To some degree, I see this as a good thing.

Peter Cooper said:
Quite. And considering the level of rewriting that seems to be taking place, The Fall of Reach (and therefore Beattie's script) will more than likely become null and void. The Fall of Reach stands as canon until we see what's been changed in the story and how heavily, and then go "oh."

To some degree, I see this as a good thing.

Good that they're changing canon?

Or good Beattie's script might be nullified?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back