Spase Molded Helms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... I am resurrecting my own thread.... to post pictures so someone can link this post and see whats going on.

I have been asked for pictures of a completed helmet from the new mold by a few people, so I figured I'd post these so some people can see...

These are pictures of a completed helmet that I made, and pictures of a painted casting... the casting has the visor from the mold still in place, it's just been painted gold..

This one has the panel lines accented with black so they stand out... not always done...

2323720707_7659edbf3b.jpg

2323720535_c576966bd5.jpg

2324539794_2226f8a34a.jpg

2324540484_0750082523.jpg

2323721201_938f574003.jpg

And this is a raw painted one... the painting is all the same process... just slightly different.. without the panel line grooves painted.

2323721789_14173982c0.jpg

2324541374_4126a14730.jpg

2323870999_efde19d12c.jpg

Spase is a SMELLY ELITIST *whine whine whine* kidding ;)

Your helmets have always looked HOT :) I love how ya accent those details, reminds me of when I working on my Gundam models :) Great work :D

Just the one fan... it works for what its intended.

PS... thanks do go to Adam, for showing me a much better looking an more efficient way to paint... ;)

Spase said:
PS... thanks do go to Adam, for showing me a much better looking an more efficient way to paint... ;)

Care to spill the painting tip or is it self evident from his paint demo video? I'm getting ready to start all the weathering and I reeealllly don't want to screw it up if I can help it...

Helmets look great as usual, by the way!

Last edited by a moderator:
DogWizard said:
Care to spill the painting tip or is it self evident from his paint demo video? I'm getting ready to start all the weathering and I reeealllly don't want to screw it up if I can help it...

Helmets look great as usual, by the way!

The video pretty much covers it... its a little bit of a for feel kind of thing... you can watch it done, read about it.... but until you try it there isn't a great way to learn how to do it.

Prime, Paint Base Green... give it a dark accent green misting... Spray black in the crevices and anywhere grime would get... do it in small parts, and wipe away with a sock or cloth that wont leave behind particles (paper towels do not work)... if you spray to heavily with the black, you can always mist back over with green till you get the right amount of weathering... dry brush some accent silver for scratches...

One of my helms I tried mist a silver/clear paint... it gave the helmet a slight metallic sheen, looked more like painted metal in my opinion

I also have used a tan and brown to simulate other forms of dirt and grime...

But the videos basically cover it

Last edited by a moderator:
Groovy - I was just making sure that there hadn't been an underground revolution in armor painting techniques since the video... Thanks!

dam it, I'm going to camp out at my mail box for mine :D
Why i would do this when my house is right behind my mail box... (you know... as houses are.) i don't know...
It's like camping out to get a halo 3 copy at midnight :D

The helmets are breeding all over Spase's house! :lol:

They multiply like rabbits..

Your gonna need about 5 heads to show these things off! :lol:

since i just talk ed to spase today ill post up.

i can finally see the pictures. question. the black section by the nose looks a bit shiny. on purpose?

any pics of it str8 from the mold in it white form? woudl liek closeups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back