Spc Rc Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.

timecon

I recently went to my local 501st group the alpin garrison, they were having there yearly meeting, a great group of people very open to new people and all there kids get involved. So I wanted to get a start on my starwars costume and decided to continue making SPC RC bucket since he is also working on the rest of the armor and its finally getting warm outside so here is my progress with the helmet so far.

6ce708d0.jpg

63e81c48.jpg

927ac994.jpg

149639ee.jpg

Nice, big fan of RC's. My friend in the U.S. has a RC suit +helmet, he gave up, and left it in his garage in a closet hanging, and i say total bummer. But Anyways back to main topic, YOUR RC HELMET IS COMING ALONG AWESOMELY AWEsome

Sweet lid! :not worthy:

I'm still working on building up the dome details on mine. Now I know what to shoot for. (y)

It's hard to find good reference pics, since the game mesh is so low poly.

rundown said:
Look nice. You made it epic looking. Smooth and all^^ I like it!

Thanks guys, but its not completely smooth yet it still needs some work on the sides and back before I make a mold

Last edited by a moderator:
RChelm1paint.jpg

How did you get the vents so deep? Is it all bondo?
BIg question: How did you do it?
Also(another Q: How are you making the sharp edges?)
WOW Get work. RC is my favorite!

RC was a great game. Best thing to come from the new movies IMO. It made me happy to see this Timecon. Very, very nice.

JediStumpy said:
RChelm1paint.jpg

How did you get the vents so deep? Is it all bondo?
BIg question: How did you do it?
Also(another Q: How are you making the sharp edges?)
WOW Get work. RC is my favorite!

yes it is all bondo those vents took 2 hours but what I did is taped off sections and added a little bondo used a knife just before it got hard and added more tape and repeated till I got the results I wanted, duct tape works best for getting sharp edges you add the bondo and when its soft like soap before it gets hard use a knife to cut out the excess, it wastes a lot of bondo but you get the desired results.

OK. I think I have an idea but I'm still not sure.
The tape go under the section you want to take away correct?
How did you get it in a complete box shape then?
Sorry, I just think it is really interesting on how you did it. It a technique I would really like to learn.

JediStumpy said:
OK. I think I have an idea but I'm still not sure.
The tape go under the section you want to take away correct?
How did you get it in a complete box shape then?
Sorry, I just think it is really interesting on how you did it. It a technique I would really like to learn.

If I can I'll try to post maybe a step by step later

did a little work on it last night
now I didnt cut out the visor and that circle because I'm going to wear it I'll but a back in both of those areas for when I cast it so it looks sharper and also gives a little more depth on the visor area when I make the cast
42fee36d.jpg

66ac48da.jpg

c0baafa7.jpg

Any updates on this buddy??? I'm dying to see it come along!

Also, for those interested. I've released some of the RC armor at my blog!!! I'm still modelling the legs but the upper body, arms, shoulders and backpack are now available. ;)

Many thanks. :)

Skupilkinson said:
Any updates on this buddy??? I'm dying to see it come along!

Also, for those interested. I've released some of the RC armor at my blog!!! I'm still modelling the legs but the upper body, arms, shoulders and backpack are now available. ;)

Many thanks. :)

Updates? Really like the helm. Smooooooooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back