Spc Rc Lid

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok after finishing ironman today I went to finish my RC lid, so here is the progress I made today

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

SprayNoob said:
Hey there Timecon, looking GREAT! like i said before, RC IS AWESOME!

SprayNoob

I absolutly love Rc as well and thanks to skip its made possible, also skip I saw your blog and sent you an email I'd be glad to help, maybe if I can make vacum forming mold and get my machine depending on the sell of my condo this summer I can help you out

Last edited by a moderator:
timecon said:
I absolutly love Rc as well and thanks to skip its made possible, also skip I saw your blog and sent you an email I'd be glad to help, maybe if I can make vacum forming mold and get my machine depending on the sell of my condo this summer I can help you out

RC :D Good work!

started work on the RC chest piece I didnt get to far as I'm running out of last summer stock pill of bondo (last can) and dont have any extra cash at the moment and I wanted to get started on my CQB Helmet as well.

fd3643dc.jpg

6bf01d3f.jpg

Wow, that chest piece looks like it was kinda fun to put together. Anyway, this all looks incredible. I love it

Mal

Why is the inside black?
that piece looks easy to pep huh? SPC's peps are sweet!
look at all the yummy pink bondo!!
good work!

Damn! I didn't get my usual reply notification email!

I had no idea you'd done more to the lid since those last set of pics you sent me buddy, sorry! It's looking great mate! Better than I hoped.

The inside is black because he uses fibreglass jelly. I'm guessing it's black. :) Thanks for the compliment JediStumpy. ;)

EDIT I forgot to mention that I like that raised area going over the dome. I don't think it's part of the original RC design. I think it's more of a scribed panel line or something?? I like how you changed it though to make it your own. ;)

Skupilkinson said:
Damn! I didn't get my usual reply notification email!

I had no idea you'd done more to the lid since those last set of pics you sent me buddy, sorry! It's looking great mate! Better than I hoped.

The inside is black because he uses fibreglass jelly. I'm guessing it's black. :) Thanks for the compliment JediStumpy. ;)

EDIT I forgot to mention that I like that raised area going over the dome. I don't think it's part of the original RC design. I think it's more of a scribed panel line or something?? I like how you changed it though to make it your own. ;)

I'll have to go over pictures I really want it to look as close as possible I really wasnt going for any design yet, I was just trying to get the bondo on and smoothed down first.

and yes its fiberglass jelly mixed with fiberglass cloth in the inside but its more of a green brown color

I started working on my RC shoulder because my hand sander broke and doesnt work anymore so I'm holding off on the RC chest till i get a new one but here is the progress and I designed it based on the pic below, I'm not entirely happy with this but it works for now I may work on it later. got to get back to my CQB

9794416c.jpg

a1911042.jpg

0dc3593a.jpg

f61bb61c.jpg

Really nice buddy. I like how you raised that area on the shoulder. Most other RC shoulders I've seen have those as panel type lines. Much prefer yours. ;)

Skupilkinson said:
Really nice buddy. I like how you raised that area on the shoulder. Most other RC shoulders I've seen have those as panel type lines. Much prefer yours. ;)

the night before last I was looking and ref pics and I really didnt like just the plain shoulders that Ive seen out there and I liked the ones in that shot of the 3 RC's so I thought that would look way betterI might need to sand them down just a little bit though I'll have to wait till I can get a new sander doing it by hand can be extremely time consuming

Hey Tim, I have a suggestion,

You know that in the SW:RC multiplayer you can customize armor and all that other cool stuff, You should TOTALLY do that!!! I think some guys on youtube have every part in their vids, so you can look at their virtual armor for references. Like, you could put on binoculars on your helmet, change your shoulder pad up, and all the other cool stuff (sorry, It's been soooooooo long since I've played Republic Commando)

Well anyways, GOOD LUCK AND GOOD JOB!!!!
Dallin

Hey, I saw One of your pepped helmets yesterday. IT WAS SWEEEEEEET!!!!. It appeared that it ended up a little too big (Maybe THATS why you gave it away!). Well, good work so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back