Special Effects Program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FX Home. great program. comes with a lot of fx installed like gunfire, flames and explosions. plus light sabers and other things

LT-GRAVE said:
FX Home. great program. comes with a lot of fx installed like gunfire, flames and explosions. plus light sabers and other things

Alright, I'll try that. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are many fx programs, but the best IMHO is Adobe After Effects. You name it and it can be done with this program. I myself own it and love it to death. However, it is pretty pricey. But, if you are a student, you can get it for around $300. If you are just looking to do some effects for one short film, get FX home, but if you are serious pick up AE.

Will, it's going to be a kinda long flim but not like a full movie. I just need something to make blood, gun shot, explodion, and ect.

DylanMarx said:
Will, it's going to be a kinda long flim but not like a full movie. I just need something to make blood, gun shot, explodion, and ect.

Gunshots, Explosions, Etc. I think FX Home can do as for the Blood well you'l just have to get fake blood to do that I think. As we say improvise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah definitely get a FxHome product. It's really easy to learn and I think it would fit your needs better than Adobe After Effects.

I agree FXHome is great for just starting out the presets are very easy to use to get basic results. After Effects is a little more difficult to use but over all is a better product. I still use my FXHome software when I am in a bind and need something they have already created.

And for the blood go to Indymogul.com and watch some of their videos on Back Yard Effects. It's really just corn syrup and food coloring (add water for different consistencies. Or if you are shooting in Black and White Nestle Chocolate works really well. I've seen corn oil and coloring as well but oils is harder to wash off than sugar based syrups.

i like Praticle illusion the only problem is that wile editing you need to overlay the the un effected video over the eddited video like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back