SPI Spartan III build

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by reverseflash, Aug 25, 2018.

1. reverseflash

reverseflash New Member

This will be my first attempt at a full foam costume build. I'm making the helmet currently out of carsdtock just to see if sizing is correct, and as backup if my 6mm foam final version is a dumpster fire. However I think I did it too small, but we will see.

IMG_20180825_130619942.jpg

IMG_20180825_130628560.jpg

2. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi Sr Member

You know for sure if your scale is wrong when you put on the cardstock mock up. If it's small/snug as is then definitely too small when built in foam.
    If there is about a finger width of space from the side of you head and the cardstock. The foam helmet might be a little snug. 2 fingers and you should have a bit of wiggle room.
    Of course this is just my opinion. I could be entirely wrong. ;)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    TurboCharizard and Sean Anwalt like this.
  3. Sean Anwalt

Sean Anwalt RCO 405th Regiment Officer

Looking forward to seeing this SPI build. Don't let me down! Haha

4. reverseflash

reverseflash New Member

Nah dude, totally came out the right size .

Well it definitely was too small, but hopefully some outside advice I had will give me more success with round 2. Should be printing and cutting tonight

="PaiganBoi, post: 754679, member: 25559"]You know for sure if your scale is wrong when you put on the cardstock mock up. If it's small/snug as is then definitely too small when built in foam.
    If there is about a finger width of space from the side of you head and the cardstock. The foam helmet might be a little snug. 2 fingers and you should have a bit of wiggle room.
    Of course this is just my opinion. I could be entirely wrong. ;)[/QUOTE]

IMG_20180825_203244318.jpg

IMG_20180825_203301120_LL.jpg

IMG_20180825_203239233.jpg

5. Sean Anwalt

Sean Anwalt RCO 405th Regiment Officer

It's like a spartan- shaped forehead- mounted hood ornament! :p:D

oniwolf, PaiganBoi and TurboCharizard like this.
  6. mumgoot

mumgoot Member

Oh, that's too bad! You could always keep the first one and make a nice paperweight out of it. Or use it as a test for a paint scheme before applying to the real deal when you make that one.

Or just throw it away.:p

Looking forward to this build though, I thought the SPI was kind of interesting when I read about it, will be nice to a see a "concrete" depiction of it!

Sean Anwalt likes this.
  7. reverseflash

reverseflash New Member

sat
    Satchmo III's files for it are really good.

8. foxleader

foxleader Well-Known Member

and here's yet another SPI that's under way, man back in my day you threes weren't even a thing then, boom yall showed up, and now theses IV's were does it end.

Sean Anwalt likes this.