SPI Spartan III build

Status
Not open for further replies.

reverseflash

This will be my first attempt at a full foam costume build. I'm making the helmet currently out of carsdtock just to see if sizing is correct, and as backup if my 6mm foam final version is a dumpster fire. However I think I did it too small, but we will see.

IMG_20180825_130619942.jpg

IMG_20180825_130628560.jpg

You know for sure if your scale is wrong when you put on the cardstock mock up. If it's small/snug as is then definitely too small when built in foam.
If there is about a finger width of space from the side of you head and the cardstock. The foam helmet might be a little snug. 2 fingers and you should have a bit of wiggle room.
Of course this is just my opinion. I could be entirely wrong. ;)

Last edited:
Nah dude, totally came out the right size .

Well it definitely was too small, but hopefully some outside advice I had will give me more success with round 2. Should be printing and cutting tonight

="PaiganBoi, post: 754679, member: 25559"]You know for sure if your scale is wrong when you put on the cardstock mock up. If it's small/snug as is then definitely too small when built in foam.
If there is about a finger width of space from the side of you head and the cardstock. The foam helmet might be a little snug. 2 fingers and you should have a bit of wiggle room.
Of course this is just my opinion. I could be entirely wrong. ;)[/QUOTE]

IMG_20180825_203244318.jpg

IMG_20180825_203301120_LL.jpg

IMG_20180825_203239233.jpg

Oh, that's too bad! You could always keep the first one and make a nice paperweight out of it. Or use it as a test for a paint scheme before applying to the real deal when you make that one.

Or just throw it away.:p

Looking forward to this build though, I thought the SPI was kind of interesting when I read about it, will be nice to a see a "concrete" depiction of it!

sat
Oh, that's too bad! You could always keep the first one and make a nice paperweight out of it. Or use it as a test for a paint scheme before applying to the real deal when you make that one.

Or just throw it away.:p

Looking forward to this build though, I thought the SPI was kind of interesting when I read about it, will be nice to a see a "concrete" depiction of it!
Satchmo III's files for it are really good.

and here's yet another SPI that's under way, man back in my day you threes weren't even a thing then, boom yall showed up, and now theses IV's were does it end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back