Spike Grenade (H3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollinMcCaf

Wanna see more? Be sure to check out CollinMcCaf's Model Repository!

This model as well, as others, are available for download through the link above!

While waiting on a few things prior to my next project, I've decided to crank out a few small models, shoulder pieces, grenades and the like....
Behold! The spike explodinator! ahem... I mean, the Halo 3 Spike Grenade!

bd37bfae-55f9-464d-a65e-f391ce9c26c5.PNG

Last edited:
Wanted to share an update with you CollinMcCaf

The legendary MoeSizzlac helped break the files down into some smaller pieces to make printing easier.

Link to share with others:
SpikeGrenade.zip

I've been working on getting them printed and the last print will be done in ~2 hours.
Grenade.jpg

It is printed at game scale (~36" long) and Moe made it so two 1/2" dowels run down the center so that it has good structural integrity.

Sweet, you'll have to be careful with the fins... In game they don't even have a thickness to them so I made them as thin as reasonably possible

Sweet, you'll have to be careful with the fins... In game they don't even have a thickness to them so I made them as thin as reasonably possible

Yeah they are pretty thin. If I was going to redesign this model from the ground up to be the best for 3D printing / the finished prop I would do the following:

- make all fins separate pieces that have slots they fit into on the main body
- make the fins thicker and have a channel down the center for some type of support (ideally something like thin metal rod)
- do what Moe did and have the channels down the center for additional support

Overall it is really sick looking and I am going to print / finish one for myself after I get this one sent off to Wayward Flood (Extra Life raffle prize)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back