Sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leda

Just been kind of wondering if any 405th members play(ed) any sports and if so, which kind and why do you like to play it? I ask because I'm doing an essay and I wanna get as many opinions as possible! xP Plus it'd be really interesting to see how many people play which sports. Maybe there is even a sport I've never heard of. o_O!

Myself, I play ice hockey and have been playing for several years now on a private team. The first sport I actually didn't get lazy on and want to quit. :pI'm a goalie, but sometimes in rare occasions, I get switched and I have to play forward. I don't know why I like hockey, I just kind of got to loving it because I had such a cooperative team that was nice to play with and had their head in the game. Unlike when I used to play street hockey when I was 7, our team was kind of diverse in a sense of skill so... One defensemen would be incredibly into the game, while the other would just be standing there not caring... xD

I myself play soccer and I have been for just under 13 years, and to put that in a little perspective... I'm 16. I love the sport because of the skill, endurance, overall challenge - it's just enjoyable. I've never lost interest...

I do powerkiting fitniss and blading. But i'm giving up on the blading due the bad weather here. Sucks cleaning roulementen.

Gotta stay fit when being in a computer invirement at school/job.

Well, lets see. I played for soccer for a couple of years. No teams, just buddies kicking the ball around. I didn't play anymore because the soccer field turned into a bloody brawling ring sometimes.

-Pony

WRising said:
I myself play soccer and I have been for just under 13 years, and to put that in a little perspective... I'm 16. I love the sport because of the skill, endurance, overall challenge - it's just enjoyable. I've never lost interest...

Wow! 13 years?! Good for you! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive played football and lifted all of high school, this is my third year playing. Our team made it to regionals last season and went 12-1.

Played football for about 4 years before high school, I quit once my friends started tearing acls, breaking bones, and getting the living crap beaten out of them. (I was a cornerback, so I didn't get creamed too often.)

Now, I dance (jazz, hiphop, ballet, lyrical, etc), which might sound queer, but to put it in perspective, instead of being in a hot and sweaty lockerroom with a bunch of guys, I'm in a room with ten girls in leotards... all of whom are really excited that I can lift them over my head :D ...

Plus it helps for school dances :lol (It's amazing how far a little break dancing or partnering will go :))

Cheers!

I used to swim compettively for about 7 years, and played Rugby Union for about 5.

But I stopped for my final 2 years of study and wished i didnt. Now 5 years on, im looking at getting back in.

Sniperbaas392 said:
...but to put it in perspective, instead of being in a hot and sweaty lockerroom with a bunch of guys, I'm in a room with ten girls in leotards... all of whom are really excited that I can lift them over my head :D ...

Hahahaha XD

i played rugby for a couple years along with swiming, soccer, and tennis but that was a couple years ago, along with baseball untill i was oh, about 13 years old. currently the only thing i still play is, well if you would enclude paintball and airsoft i play both of thoes as well nothin else really :p

//Jeremy

Well im in Australia so our lifes are basicaly dictated by sports.

Well i use to play Football when i was 10-12 (Aussie Rules not SOCCER) but I was to much of a $#!T head and they Kicked me our then i got into Hockey (Like on a grassy Feild WE HAVE NO SNOW! :eek ) and now I Run with the CFA (Country Fire authority) :D Wich is totally EPIC and I am currently trainning to be a volenteer fireman (whne i tur 16 ill do my Minimum skills). Nut Im trying to get Tank Cause i want to Join the army :D when i turn 17 that is. :cool

EDIT: WOW i Didnt know that the S word was a swear word its not over here.

I didnt realize all the posts got deleted in the server switch :p

I play water polo and swim competitively, and i like to ski recreationally.

Water polo in my opinion has to be one of the best sports out there, well, for the player at least. It's sorta hard to watch it if you don't play it or are not in some way involved, but for the players, I've never had as much fun in my life as when I'm playing a game. It honestly has to be one of the most physically and mentally strenuous sports out there, like, there is never a dull moment.

iSUPERNOOB said:
I didnt realize all the posts got deleted in the server switch :p

I play water polo and swim competitively, and i like to ski recreationally.

Water polo in my opinion has to be one of the best sports out there, well, for the player at least. It's sorta hard to watch it if you don't play it or are not in some way involved, but for the players, I've never had as much fun in my life as when I'm playing a game. It honestly has to be one of the most physically and mentally strenuous sports out there, like, there is never a dull moment.

Water polo? I've heard of it but what's it all about? Like, the objective of the game.

I was a surprisingly excellent floor hockey goalie back in my school days. Who knew? :lol I think it was because of my hand-eye coordination from drawing so much. I remember in PE class the boys used to get so frustrated that I would always 100% block all their ground shots, only a few air ones got through but sometimes I would block them too. Sometime in my senior year in high school one gym teacher finally noticed how good I was and tried to recruit me in field hockey but when she found out I was in my senior year it was too late. If I was a freshman though she would have nabbed me so fast :lol These days I just do exercises and rollerblading on the weekend. Dont much have time for sports anymore.

Leda said:
Water polo? I've heard of it but what's it all about? Like, the objective of the game.

best way to describe it is that its played soccer in the water, where each team has a goal to defend, and no equipment (such as hockey or lacrosse sticks). It doesn't sound too hard at first, until you factor in the time spent swimming (I have spent entire 7 minute quarters swimming back and forth with no goals and very few fouls, both of which stop the game clock), and all the fights (mostly underwater, out of sight from the refs :) ).

Tried a bunch of different sports, swimming for seven years, diving for two, water polo for a summer (!Supernoob is right, it's tough!), fencing, and baseball, but lost interest in most or was not able to compete. I now do Trampoline and Tumbling, started about 4-5 years ago. I was the national (US) champion in level 7 Double Mini at the 2007 Junior Olympics in Tennessee, which was cool. I've gotten to level 10 now, but I don't know if I'm going to continue, since I'm about to head off to college next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back